02 426 carb question

Your it shouldn't cause that much heat those screws aren't that hard the more important thing is to have the right screw extractor i don't know which ones you used but there are def some crappy ones out there. I use this style mostly and they hold up well been using them for the last ten years.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSMrDYJvY0Ts&ei=Co9UUejvOJTm8wT84IC4DA&usg=AFQjCNHQj4PIZvn7APEIfHbpNwxkoYsbaQ

I was using a "grab-it". Wasnt impressed, at all.

extractors are definitely one place not to go cheap, my best results extracting have actually been using a nut that would fit the broken off bolt, holding it over the broken off bolt, and welding the two together with a MIG welder, once you do that soak it down with a good penetrating oil to cool it, once it's completely cooled off you can use the appropriate sized wrench to work the bolt back and forth till it loosens up then just turn it out.

extractors are definitely one place not to go cheap, my best results extracting have actually been using a nut that would fit the broken off bolt, holding it over the broken off bolt, and welding the two together with a MIG welder, once you do that soak it down with a good penetrating oil to cool it, once it's completely cooled off you can use the appropriate sized wrench to work the bolt back and forth till it loosens up then just turn it out.

Its also a topic of differing opinions, kind of like which oil should I use... unfortunately it was flush to the point nothing could be welded to it.

The only thing I've found so far that is doing anything is a carbide tile cutter for my dremel. Ive literally never struggled with a bolt like this, its crazy.

being such tiny bolts makes the "weld a nut on" option far less viable for sure, I've got a set of MAC left hand drill bits and spiral extractors that has served me very well for years, but as you said it's largely a matter of opinion.

being such tiny bolts makes the "weld a nut on" option far less viable for sure, I've got a set of MAC left hand drill bits and spiral extractors that has served me very well for years, but as you said it's largely a matter of opinion.

Things took a turn for the worse...got a spiral extractor broken in the hole now. Im thinking it was defective, it was working then snapped/shattered. Anyway, thinking about taking it somewhere to let someone else have a go at it.

Bummer dude