HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jtt_R

To mod or to just buy aftermarket?

8 posts in this topic

Trying to take care of the oem chain slider issue and I'm wondering if it would be easier to just buy an aftermarket slider or modify the oem one? Will going aftermarket even solve the problem or will i still have to add something to eliminate the slipping? Thanks guys

Sorry, it's an 07 yz450f. And it's theoem chain slider that is loose and wears into the swingarm

Take some high quality exterior double sided tape (Scotch outdoor mounting tape) and put it on the swing arm and leave the backing on it on the slider side. I did this on my 06 and on my 2012. I have35 hours on my 12 and it still hasn't wore though the tape yet .2169953_large.jpg

Edited by luvnoldcars

I was going to modify the OEM slider, but ended up getting a TM designs slider instead. I haven't had any issues in over 150 hours that were experienced with the Stock part.

Trying to take care of the oem chain slider issue and I'm wondering if it would be easier to just buy an aftermarket slider or modify the oem one? Will going aftermarket even solve the problem or will i still have to add something to eliminate the slipping? Thanks guys

Let it slip. Just don't let it wear the swing arm: http://www.thumperta...ng-arm/

(posts #2 and #6)

Let it slip. Just don't let it wear the swing arm: http://www.thumperta...ng-arm/

(posts #2 and #6)

It is starting to wear into the swingarm which is why I'm trying to figure out what i should do. I just wanted to know if the aftermarket sliders solve the wear problem before i spend the money. Thanks for the info guys

The method I posted solves the problem with no modification to the existing slider, uses all OEM hardware, and allows the use of OEM or replacement "OEM Type" sliders, or any aftermarket slider. Used with your existing slider, it's a complete, long term cure for the problem (unlike simply applying sealant), does not lift the slider higher into the chain path as does foam tape, and is a whole lot cheaper than any aftermarket slider.