08 to 09 rear wheel swap

Is there any way to put a 08 yz 450 rear wheel on a 09 yz 450?

Custom bearings and inner spacer from an '09

What is your source for the bearings?

That's what I thought.

As far as anyone I have heard from knows, there are no bearings that will adapt an '09+ rear wheel to an earlier hub. Because of that, there isn't a truly practical, mechanically sound way of doing it unless the '09 swing arm is adapted to the older frame.

Geez, no slack cut because I wasn't on all day. I'll get you the supplier and part numbers. I know two guys that have done it.

I have a 06 rear hub on my 09 yz450f. This mod was done by the previous owner of my bike so I don't have more informations. But it is possible to do.

All kinds of things are "possible", but not smart. The older wheels with the 22mm axle can in fact be bolted straight into the '09, but the '09 is made for a 25mm axle, and that means that the smaller axle just slops around in the slot without the correct support, chewing and wearing at things.

Geez, no slack cut because I wasn't on all day. I'll get you the supplier and part numbers.

That would be helpful. Bearings with the correct ID/OD/width combination have eluded everyone I know up to now.

It is the oem 25mm axle with a 06 hub. The bearing and the spacers were modded to fit on the 25mm axle. I think that the hub was machined to fit larger bearings

Edited by chouca222