swingarm and linkage bearings

We have a nickname for heating/removing stubborn fasteners around here. We call it the "Hot Wrench"! As you have found out, the heating/cooling sessions works wonderously in most cases! Glad to hear you had some success, and are showing your Yamaha some Love!!!

Hot wrench, we always called it the smoke wrench.. reguardless usually equals success!

I don't mean to preach,ramble or be a dick but you should always use trusted brands if not using Genuine like Koyo or Timken bearings. I prefer Koyo because there bearings seem the best.

There aint no such thing as a 'genuine' bearing, in the context of genuine Yamaha spare part - I think you mean OE bearing

Yamaha don't make bearings - if you buy a bearing as a genuine Yamaha part you'll get a Koyo or NTN bearing

Yamaha (like all the other manufacturers) buy there bearings in

Koyo are an OE supplier hence why you have had good results with them - they are a good brand

Other makes that will be good are

• NTN (also and OE supplier)
  • SKF
  • Timken

Edited by GuyGraham

There aint no such thing as a 'genuine' bearing, in the context of genuine Yamaha spare part - I think you mean OE bearing

Yamaha don't make bearings - if you buy a bearing as a genuine Yamaha part you'll get a Koyo or NTN bearing

Yamaha (like all the other manufacturers) buy there bearings in

Koyo are an OE supplier hence why you have had good results with them - they are a good brand

Other makes that will be good are

• NTN (also and OE supplier)
  • SKF
  • Timken

Maybe you didn't read my post properly & yes I meant genuine parts as in OEM. I'm not sure what you think your buying when you buy genuine, but to me it means OEM.

Barra8 wrote:

I never had a problem replacing these except making sure they are all installed correctly but I use Genuine parts (usually). Sometimes I like to save money & buy them locally i.e.. Koyo but in this case I think I prefer Genuine (which may just be Koyo anyway).

Oh & the reason I said ''Genuine'' is the fact that Genuine OEM bearings have inserts that NON-Genuine don't have.

Oh & if your not using the Genuine ones with the inserts (it holds the bearing together so all those annoying needle roller bearings don't drop out) you will have a little more play than usual

All this said.......It would pay to use the collar from the bearing company that supplied you the bearings as they will NOT be right for other brands of bearings unless all specs are the same as each other.

Edited by Barra8