HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2012 yz 450

2 012 yz 450 throtle snatch

36 posts in this topic

If you mean it has to much low end power just put a smaller rear sprocket and bigger front.

The stock YZ mapping is very abrupt right off idle.

You need to get your hands on a ECU map tuner (not the GYT-R tuner, as it does not work the idle area) and change the fuel and ignition maps to something more mellow.

If you post in the YZ section there is tons of info.

1 person likes this

Yes but call first and make sure they aren't going to use the GYTR tuner to remap you.

Edited by WouldsAssassin

One item that I found helpful in reducing this trait is the G2 throttle tamer. Its a throttle tube that has a different profile on the cam that pulls the cable. The FI YZ's throttle body pully is not round but oblong which lead to a non uniform pull from the grip to the pulley. A crack of the throttle leads to a disproportionate butterfly opening of the throttle body.

Helped (didnt eliminate) the "throttle snatch" sensation these bike have.

Might be the way my head is ported matched with a high compression piston, but on my 2010 the Jay Marmont map on the GYTR tuner really mellowed out my bottom and broadened it. Nowhere near as big of a "hit" as it was with a stock ecu tune.

Looking in to the g2 throtle tamer 1 st and will let every one know how it turns out. yz

I have a 2010 yz450f and the low end hit its crazy. Let me know if you solve this issue.

The off idle bark is only going to be completely programmed out by adjusting fuel and ignition from idle RPM and throttle position up to the first available setting on the GYTR Tuner. We can't do it with the GYTR tuner. However, I am currently running the "Drivability" map on my 2011 and it is much smoother off idle.

Try it and see if it works for you.

"Setting for improved drivability

For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users."

Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Ignition (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

I don't see the point of the G2 throttle tube. Yes it might smooth out the hit but you're just putting a band aid on the problem instead of correcting it.

Kiessel24, I ordered the throtle tube and should get it some time next week around the 7 th. I should be able to instal it and then go trail riding on the weekend depending on the forcast. Its been raining like cats and dogs here. Wouldsassassin, what kind of tunner are you using to remap? I am most likely going to try your suggestion as well. Any help on this would be appreciated. yz

Make sure to get back to us on the G2 2012yz450, I am very interested in your opinion. The Axeman uses one so there has to be something to it ?

Will report on the throtle tube as soon as I can instal it and ride. Most likely will remap as well but I am trying the throtle tube firsr. One variable at a time. yz

Wouldsassassin, what kind of tunner are you using to remap? I am most likely going to try your suggestion as well.

The GYTR Power Tuner. The above grid numbers will make sense when you have one plugged in.

Send your throttle body to Injectioneering. The difference it made to mine in the off idle/low rpm range is amazing. The tuner and the flywheel weight arent as effective as this mod when it comes to low rpm runnability for the FI bikes.

Send your throttle body to Injectioneering. The difference it made to mine in the off idle/low rpm range is amazing. The tuner and the flywheel weight arent as effective as this mod when it comes to low rpm runnability for the FI bikes.

Care to elaborate ?

Injectioneering came up with a mod early on to address the abrupt tip in response. I believe it involved altering the throttle plate so as to change the angle at which it sits while closed.

There were some complaints early on regarding high turn-around times, but it's been a long time since I've heard one. That could either mean that they have the operation running better, or they don't do it anymore. Do your own research on that part.

Gray, what are your thougts on remaping? Some are recomending using the gytr power tuner and some are advising remaping with something else. Also, what do you think about the g2 throtle tube? Any thoughts will be appreciated. yz

No thoughts on the throttle tubes. Remapping with the GYT-R tuner won't do very much for the matter because it doesn't change the RPM range affected by the tip in lurch very much at all.