Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulsreef

Shopping for enclosed trailer

6 posts in this topic

I need an enclosed trailer for 4 motocross bikes and gear. What would be the minimum size? Being able to load and unload the bikes without losing my mind is important too. I'll be pulling it with a Dodge Ram 4x4 hemi. Thanks.

Depends on how tight you're willing to pack them. I had a 5x10 + V-nose (13'6" from inside of rear door to interior of V-nose) and loaded the bikes diagonally, and could get 4 bikes in there. It was tight, but it worked.

Don't have pics with 4 full size bikes in there, but here is one with one full size, a TTR and a XR80. You can see there's room for another bike.

HPIM1016.jpg

1 person likes this

I would get at least a 7X14 that gives you enough room to get 4 bikes in and still have a little wiggle room to tie down the bikes, and put gear. I would put shelves up like the mettle grated ones they sell that are light weight, but don't put to much weight on them they are good for helmets , boots , and hanging gear off of. With that size trailer you will still have some room to put heavy gear bags on the floor. Also a small cabinet up front is nice for oils, lube and stuff you don't want to spill.

I need an enclosed trailer for 4 motocross bikes and gear. What would be the minimum size? Being able to load and unload the bikes without losing my mind is important too. I'll be pulling it with a Dodge Ram 4x4 hemi. Thanks.

Depending on how you stack them, but for 2 deep, you figure about 8 feet for each row of bikes. So if you can get 3 wide (7-8 feet wide) then you will need to be another 8 feet deep. So a 7X16 or 8X16. That will get you plenty of room for gear.

1 person likes this

Depending on how you stack them, but for 2 deep, you figure about 8 feet for each row of bikes. So if you can get 3 wide (7-8 feet wide) then you will need to be another 8 feet deep. So a 7X16 or 8X16. That will get you plenty of room for gear.

Thanks, I figure I'll be safe with 7x16, and if I get a V-nose I could put some gear up front.

2 people like this

Thanks, I figure I'll be safe with 7x16, and if I get a V-nose I could put some gear up front.

I had an 8X14 (have a 7X16 now) and I cant tell you how much I'd like to have had the extra space. Its a must and if you ever need to haul a pair of utility quads also (back to back, they wont fit side by side) .With the 16 footer, I'm never crowed tucking in bikes. I always say. "multiples of 8 feet if you hauling bikes and/or quads". I went 7 feet wide, because it was just easier to see down the sides with my truck mirrors and also, it tucks it behind the truck a little tighter for less wind drag/economy.

Edited by toyota_mdt_tech
1 person likes this