HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poliisi2

YZ 450 2014

24 posts in this topic

Looks like we going to get totally new 450 2014. I saw picture and some details. Hard to belive but it will be 400cc engine 250f frame or least its look like that. Complety new EFI this i dont know how it is but something totally new what we not seen mx bikes yet. And engine is turn back normal way. Air forks. Public release for details new bike will be july bikes arrive shops around end august early septemper. Rumor is that yamaha makes really big effort to marketing this new bike least in europe. We just need wait and see.

I have to ask, who or what is your source ? That is a huge shift for Yamaha , I think at most they will change chassis/engine position but not as much as you claim, I could be totally wrong but to change competely is a huge step

I have to ask, who or what is your source ? That is a huge shift for Yamaha , I think at most they will change chassis/engine position but not as much as you claim, I could be totally wrong but to change competely is a huge step

I wouldn't put it past Yamaha to make a wholesale change . . . time will tell!

what going back to a 400 im still riding there last 400 99yz HAHA

maybe parts will be interchangeable :thumbsup:

Looks like we going to get totally new 450 2014. I saw picture and some details. Hard to belive but it will be 400cc engine 250f frame or least its look like that. Complety new EFI this i dont know how it is but something totally new what we not seen mx bikes yet. And engine is turn back normal way. Air forks. Public release for details new bike will be july bikes arrive shops around end august early septemper. Rumor is that yamaha makes really big effort to marketing this new bike least in europe. We just need wait and see.

I want to smoke what ever your smoking :lol:

1 person likes this

I think this post is all cr-p!! Show us the pics you 'saw' to prove that this is 'true'.

What ever. Wait and see in september. Not everybody talks shit if they know litle more than others.

You are right. Why dont we just bring this post back up in a month, when the Japanese National pics come out. Then we will see about your insider information, and its factuality.

Strange, Friend of mine makes parts for the GYTR lineup and he tell me minor but important changes will be made..we will see.

1 person likes this

The engine configuration will remain the same.

Ya that would make sense. I can't see them jumping ship on the backwards design, let alone making it a 400. Lol

Ive heard the motor is going back and i work in a dealership but a 400........ doubt it

I heard they are making the shrouds 6 inches wider just to piss off more people

I heard they are making the shrouds 6 inches wider just to piss off more people

Yes it well actually resemble a quad from the front :devil:

They better do something drastic or they will be in trouble. Public perception is a very powerful tool and their not and this is coming from a die hard Yamaha guy.

I honestly believe that the whole chassis for the 450 is ruined in the public eye unless they change it back to normal. After what the pros said, and everyones complaints...if they do leave the motor /chassis configuration the same...they wont sell any bikes imo. And their 250f is very outdated...needs more than just efi

They better do something drastic or they will be in trouble. Public perception is a very powerful tool and their not and this is coming from a die hard Yamaha guy.

What's wrong with the 2012/13 design?

Having done my research, I'm ready to plunk my hard earned cash down for one.

I've been around the block and from what i can see, the YZ450F is the best bike money can buy across the board(Honda, Kawi, Suzuki , Yam).

Edited by JohnBee