SFF disassembly

I just purchased a 2013 rmz with the sff Showa, I've been trying to find a manual to do some reading on the disassembly of this fork, seals, spring or oil changes with out any luck. Is it the same as the standard fork for the most part? Any different tools? A link to some literature would be ideal

Thanks

The damping side is pretty much same as a regular twin chamber fork. The spring side requires some special tools or some really creative methods. Most of the tools you can make,to take spring side apart like a spring compressor and a long extension to get to bolt that holds for together. The spring side,I just drained oil out the bleeder and refill. Unless the seal or bushings go bad,thats the easiest way to change the spring side oil.

I just purchased a 2013 rmz with the sff Showa, I've been trying to find a manual to do some reading on the disassembly of this fork, seals, spring or oil changes with out any luck. Is it the same as the standard fork for the most part? Any different tools? A link to some literature would be ideal

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure about this but I know the new kx250f 11-13 has the sff forks on them. I wonder if you found a shop service manual for a kawi or if someone that has one could copy the pages for you just of the forks should do what you need.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I know the new kx250f 11-13 has the sff forks on them. I wonder if you found a shop service manual for a kawi or if someone that has one could copy the pages for you just of the forks should do what you need.

Yeah, I believe you're right, that's kinda what I was hoping for.

ac717, okay thanks that should get me by for a while, I can't foresee doing a seal or bushing for a while yet.

• 3 years later...