HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frasewave

2012 YZ450F Damaged Swingarm

4 posts in this topic

Hi i have a 2012 YZ450F and bent my swingarm...I live in Ontario, Canada...does anyone know where i can find a replacement swingarm? The local yamaha dealer wants $600 before taxes

I was seriously considering buying a new bike this year,I was weighing the options of new or a newer used one and I came across your thread.It got me thinking that what happens if I damage a new bike and have to buy a part from the dealer,similar to your situation.This has made my decision up for me and I think I get something where used parts are available,may seem like a foolish decision to some but I wouldn't want to be where you are with a new bike,paying it out and have to spend a nice chunk into it.I know older models have the more likely hood of blowing up but at least there is an used market available.$600 on an older bike will go a long ways in repairs and without a monthly along with it.Sry I can't help you out with your swingarm but you helped me out with my decision.

1 person likes this