HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamses

Dual Sport Battery

5 posts in this topic

I've got a plated street legal Wr426 that needs a new battery for the horn and turn signals. Right now i still have the stock regulator, which i plan to swap for a Regulator/Rectifier so i wont have to charge my battery externally like i do now. The battery I've been using is basically a regular 12v street bike battery that's jammed into the airbox, bouncing around ripping the filter up.

I'd like something much smaller that i could secure in the airbox and charge up with the new r/r. Ive read other forums suggesting 2400miAH NiMH batteries, but im not too sure what type, and im assuming i need a 12v.

If anyone can post a link to something like this that they run in their dual sport i'd appreciate it. Also any tips on rewiring when the new r/r goes in instead of the old regulator that would also be great.