HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xXNewfie709Xx

2012 Suspension settings

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Was looking to set up my suspension a little stiffer and i came across this site http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-sport-bikes/2012-2013-yamaha-wr-450r and i really like what they got done to their bike with all their mods. Basically my question is, they talk about putting your suspension screws "_____ from seated in." Im just wondering if that means you screw the bolt the whole way in tight, then back off to a particular setting? Thanks alot in advance!

Yes, that's how you adjust the screws. Go all the way in to a lightly seated position and then back the screw out the desired amount.

It's just the intake cam and yes, I'm planning on buying one in the not too distant future. Dirtbike just did an article on that bike and were very impresssed with the new power characteristics.

Losing a smidge off the bottom in order to gain 5hp through the mid and upper rpm range would be well worth it to me. The bike is on the verge of being too snappy down low (after uncorking and FMF pipe installed) that this siounds like a very good option.

1 person likes this

It's just the intake cam and yes, I'm planning on buying one in the not too distant future. Dirtbike just did an article on that bike and were very impresssed with the new power characteristics.

Losing a smidge off the bottom in order to gain 5hp through the mid and upper rpm range would be well worth it to me. The bike is on the verge of being too snappy down low (after uncorking and FMF pipe installed) that this siounds like a very good option.

Nice man.

If you watch the video the guy explains our bike to a tee, thats why I was interested in the cams. And the FMF Snap. I do find alot of engine break in the bike. When im standing up at low speeds the breaking tends to throw me a head a little bit sometimes.