HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FASTFRANK

ANYONE RUNNING W BROS. R4 SILENCER ON 426??

7 posts in this topic

I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE WHITE BROS. R4-4 STROKE EXHAUST SILENCER OR THE COMPLETE SYSTEM ON THEIR 426. IS IT ANY GOOD LOUD POWER INCREASES ETC. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE RUNS THIS. THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

.. I have tried the White Bros. E-series, and the R-4.

R-4: Has killer mid and top end. I ride it more like a 2 smoke with this silencer on. I like the way it sounds though. More throaty, although you'll spend more time in the mid and top.

E-SERIES:Has more low end grunt than the stocker, and the R-4.. Although the sound drives me nuts (not a long drive). The E-Series properly installed, with the plates, causes the sound to bounce back in my ears, where as the stocker and the R-4 toss it out behind me nicely. Although you can grunt your way over doubles with it. You don't loose any top or mid with it. It actually gains more over the stocker. Some guys run the E-Series with out the last plate installed leaving it wide open. I think that the bike falls on its face when it's set up like that..

I currently have the R-4 on the bike. and the E-SERIES is hanging on the wall?

SPODE.

here is the post i submitted to Dirtrider.com

i originally had a FMF Powercore IV on my 250F and liked it alot. After a big accident, it was a total write-off. So i went and bought a R4 because the muffler is held onto the pipe with two springs so in the event of another big crash (flip it over at 90+km/h), the pipe should seperate from the muffler if needed.

I fitted the R4 without the sprak arrestor (like my dealer told me. Why do i listen to my dealer??) and it ran awful compared to the FMF. So i went home and re-installed the spark arrestor and throttle response was better, and after some jetting tweaks, it ran not bad. But the FMF was heaps, heaps better, especially in throttle response and the way it built revs. It sounded better too, as it had a tight, two stroke sound, whereas the R4 is a real RRROOORRRTTT, which sounds crap.

If there is a Whitebros rep reading this, i would like to conclude that i am a very sad customer, and i miss my FMF very much! and before you ask, no, i can't afford to buy another FMF so ill have to wait until i buy a new bike, in a long, long time. :)

I have to agree with SPODE. The R4 S-BEND seems to run in the high to mid range and seems to faulter in the low end(probably incorrect jetting on my behalf). The sound was great though, I really liked the sound. I eventually upgraded to the DRD pipe and I am very impressed with this unit, power through out the total range.

[Hey Soundchaser, Did the DRD fith the White Bro header? I might try that pipe too . Sounds like a really good unit. Every write up rants and raves about it too.

Thanks,

SPODE.

I run the WB R4 pipe and like the power/sound! IMHO the R4 makes the bike more fun to ride for MY style of riding! The R4 likes to be revved out (and I am best friends with the rev-limiter LOL) The bike is easy to "chug" around the track in 3rd and 4th gear! The bike also sounds much better...my bike has a distinct sound (sounds diff. than most 426's) it is a higher pitched sound (but much louder that stock, I only ride MX so sound doesnt matter)! I guess that is from the WB tapered header and BK mod! With just these 3 mods there is no comparison to a stock 426! Later,

Garrett

Spode-

The DRD is a complete unit, header pipe and

tail pipe, so I can't really say if it fits the WB header pipe. Go DRD, you won't be disappointed !