2012 WR450F parts.....

I have lurked here a lot and rarely post on here but have posted on other forums. This forum seems to have the most information by far for thumpers so here goes.....

I finished my supermoto conversion on the WR Saturday and took it out for a quick spin on Sunday. A bolt came out of the caliper relocation bracket, which in turn, made the other one snap off as soon as I touched the brakes and I ate asphalt. I'm fine, the bike is mostly fine but I am trying to find some parts for this thing that aren't from the factory. I know the YZ250 is a lot of the same but I don't know exactly what is the same. My main concern is the subframe. It has a nasty bend and broke 3/4 through the square tubing. A factory replacement is $600 and surely there is some place I can find it cheaper. I also tore the bracket up that the caliper bolts to pretty bad and can't even find a part number for that. I could buy other forks for it but don't know what exactly changed from year to year. My main concern is getting it road worthy again.

Lesson of the day: There is no such thing as too much thread lock.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Like a lot of other people, this bike is my only real hobby besides work and it's killing me that I went full retard and this happened.

The day I finished it. Yes, the chain needs another link out of it but on the stand it seemed fine.

tard_zps46ede7ce.jpg

Edited by SquirrelMilker

If you are talking about the Caliper lug on the bottom of the fork, that is not sold separately from the fork, through Yamaha.

There are some supension shops that will sell you separate KYB fork parts, but it will be expensive.

You can find a 2006/7 YZ125/250/450 fork on ebay for $150.00; just swap the used portion for the new.

The sub frame can straightened and re-welded.

If you are talking about the Caliper lug on the bottom of the fork, that is not sold separately from the fork, through Yamaha.

There are some supension shops that will sell you separate KYB fork parts, but it will be expensive.

You can find a 2006/7 YZ125/250/450 fork on ebay for $150.00; just swap the used portion for the new.

The sub frame can straightened and re-welded.

Awesome on the subframe. It isn't terrible but I am new to wrecking bikes. I've ridden 15k or so and on this bike for 10 minutes and break shit. I'm just glad I am a gear nazi to begin with and walked away with a bruised knee and sore elbow.

I figured a lot of the forks were the same, I just didn't know what was. I wish there was some kind of list of compatible parts somewhere but that would be enormous amounts of time to break that down.

How did the bolt come out? I've had a lot of Yamahas and have never seen that happen or any other bolts just falling out for that matter. I question the dealership you bought it at, I know the one I go to put a yellow paint mark on every torqued ( I believe that is 20lbs) bolt they touch during assembly from the crate. Yeah, the sub frame is no big deal just find a good fab shop that welds aluminum.

How did the bolt come out? I've had a lot of Yamahas and have never seen that happen or any other bolts just falling out for that matter. I question the dealership you bought it at, I know the one I go to put a yellow paint mark on every torqued ( I believe that is 20lbs) bolt they touch during assembly from the crate. Yeah, the sub frame is no big deal just find a good fab shop that welds aluminum.

The bolt coming out was probably my fault since I'm the only one to touch it. I've owned two previous Yamaha's and a DRZ and never had problems with anything I've done before but there's always a first. I tore my R1 and R6 completely down to pretty much engine and chassis and rebuilt it all with no issues. I'm just glad this one is cheap to fix(figuratively speaking). Everything was marked when I bought it but when I converted to supermoto some of those bolts were swapped for different hardware.

I love the all white look!! But the blue on the seat needs to go.

Here's a new sub frame from South Seattle Sports Plaza.

Rear Frame Comp

1DX-21190-00-00

$391.26

The blue seat is going to go as well. I still had a few things I wanted to get sorted and that is for sure on the list.

The plastics are Acerbis, I believe. Thanks for the subframe info. If I can't find a local guy that doesn't have a tiny brain, I'll check into South Seattle Sports Plaza.