HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark537

2009 yz450f miles per tank

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a general range on a 450? I always pit between 30-40 miles but i have a race this weekend where the trail is 20 miles so I am not sure if I can deffinately make it 40 miles. Any information would help.

Should be fine unless extreme conditions. Pinned wide open in the sand with a ton of wheelspin the whole way or somethging like that. I think I get mid thirties in supermoto trim under race conditions when the throttle spends a lot of time wide open. My buddy did a off road race once and forgot to fuel after his first race. He made it 50ish before he ran out and he is a fast b rider. I am sure some one will chime in with more accurate figures but I don't think you need to worry.

My 08 gets 32 to 35 miles off one tank. I put the larger tank on so I wouldn't have to pit