HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HENRYWILLIAMFRENCH

03-04 tank on 05 wr450?

2 posts in this topic

I'd like to use a 03 or 04 stock wr450 tank on my 05 wr450 because of the bigger capacity. I'd rather not go with an aftermarket tank. Would my 05 seat and shrouds line up properly with an older 03 or 04 wr tank? I've heard i may need older 03 style shrouds but that my seat should work fine. I'd hate to buy an old tank only to find that not everything lines up properly. Thanks

I'd like to use a 03 or 04 stock wr450 tank on my 05 wr450 because of the bigger capacity. I'd rather not go with an aftermarket tank. Would my 05 seat and shrouds line up properly with an older 03 or 04 wr tank? I've heard i may need older 03 style shrouds but that my seat should work fine. I'd hate to buy an old tank only to find that not everything lines up properly. Thanks

You will need an 03\04 seat and 03\04 WR radiator shrouds. The 05\06 use YZ shrouds.