HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yam 3

Any 2014 YZ450 news?

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard relaible information on an early release?

If there is no early release, when will the '14 be available?

I've heard basic rumors of major changes and upgrades etc, interested in seeing what they come up with this year. It's time for a change!

looks like the JGR wrap around exhaust and some mods to the intake routing on the shrouds to thin out the ergos of the front end. im hoping they lose a little weight and get the cg forward. also hoping for a single spring fork to lose weight, but stay away from the pure SFF pitfalls. since Yamaha owns a larger portion of KYB they should have the influence to get what they want for the flagship YZ.

Most are suggesting major changes back to the "traditional" engine location/configuration.

These people are delusional, IMO.

These people are delusional, IMO.

Probably right. The Japanese are loathe to admit a mistake.

well the japanese make mistakes with ALL the 4 bikes from that area. NONE of them are perfect but better than what else is out there.

i feel that the new engine design is a milestone and should be kept in their frames. i'm sure there will be exhaust routing and suspension changes in the future.

1 thing that definetly needs attention is the oil drain bolt as to the direction it needs to be un-threaded / removed

Edited by stroker101

I don't really see the rear tilt as any sort of mistake.

From Mathes at RacerX

http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/02/19/observations-dallas

" Found out that in 2014 the Yamaha YZ250F is finally getting a huge makeover. My sources say it will have the backwards motor like the current 450, a new frame, they’ll drop a valve to make it a four-valve head and it’ll have sleeker/slimmer shrouds and tank like the 2014 450F. Nice to see Yamaha moving into the modern era on the small bike."

Seems if the motor orientation was the problem they would not be following suit with the YZ250F.