450f superiority

I keep reading about all these people with 450's having such a far superior bike then any other thumper on the market. I have raced the same people as last year that changed to the honda, and suprise suprise, they finish in the same spot as last year. Maybe,just maybe when it comes to racing its the rider more then anything else. This weekend I went to a open practice and seen a guy get pissed off and leave the track after the first practice because he wasnt spanking everyone. I think he was upset because of all the hype about the honda being the ultimate moto-bike of all time. I rode the honda and think its a excellent bike, the best looking bike I have seen. It is different from the 426 and 520, not better, maybe the reason some of you talk all the smack is because you paid out the butt for that hype. One more thing, WHERE are all these fast guys at?? I only see you people when your at the back of the pack doing the wheelies in front of the stands, getting a little old. Dont really mean to make people mad, just realize its the rider first-skill,conditioning, proper bike set-up second,and a competitive bike last. So lets stop the talk, and hit it on the track.

Funny cause that's all I've seen at the 2 tracks I've ridden practice at lately (Vegas, and Mesquite, AZ). I lot of revving out the engine in front of the crowd (while in the back of pack). I'm sure they need to get used to the bike and all but I've only been on my 426 for about 2 weeks and am smokin those guys.

My friend traded his 2000 426 for a 450 a couple of weeks ago, it's a sweet bike(I like the Honda "feel" ,my last bike was a 98 CR250),but neither one of us is any faster on it. I think 4-sroke power delivery makes a big differance,but after that its all rider.

It definitely is the rider at anything less than the pro level. I have a new 450, replaced my CR250, and after a couple of rides I'm slower so far as I am not used to it yet. But man this thing is fun. I bought it because I have ridden YZ426's and YZ250f's and absolutely loved them, but the dealer I ride for, and which are all my friends, is a Honda dealer. I am sure I could go just as fast on a 426, and probably on the 250F.

All this talk about what bike is better is just macho posturing. In 1998 I smoked the +25 class in a local 6 race series, on a YZ125. All the other bikes were 250's and 400's. And I regularly have local, young hotshot 125 experts go by like I'm tied to a pole. It's all about riding what you like and having fun. This 4 stroke is a blast to ride, whether I'm faster than before or not. And that is all that matters to me.

Originally posted by mxaddict:

All this talk about what bike is better is just macho posturing. In 1998 I smoked the +25 class in a local 6 race series, on a YZ125. All the other bikes were 250's and 400's. And I regularly have local, young hotshot 125 experts go by like I'm tied to a pole. It's all about riding what you like and having fun. This 4 stroke is a blast to ride, whether I'm faster than before or not. And that is all that matters to me.

AMEN! Can I get another AMEN! The strokers are FUN....I agree with you 100%, I came back after a 4 year layoff, and I KNOW that I am not as fast as I was on my old 1996 CR250 (yet) but I am getting there...I bought a pals well kept 2000 YZ426, and I have ridden his new CR450, but I actually like the blue beast better....more hit in the motor for my big frame....I dial my suspension in, and I am happy...

I get smoked by some FAST 125 Experts and even some FAST 250 Int's. But I WILL get them, sooner or later...heheh. *back to reality*

But all this crap about which is best is just that. HYPE...

Both the CR450 and the YZ426 are bad ass race bikes, pick your weapon and make your stand, you can win on either one, whatever is the most fun for YOU is what matters.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! some other riders who believe that riding is more about fun in the end rather than seeing who can spank each other at local levels!!!! It's good to see i'm not alone. i am only 18 and i have been riding/racing for like two years. i realize that i am not going to be any mx/fmx prodigy, so i chose the bike that was the most fun to ride (400f)and just show up every race. turns out i got second in the 250c points standins this year at the local track, and my highest finish was a second (which got me a third overall that night ? !!!!! that night was my only holeshot ever , too. what a blast!!!)

i get so sick of seeing some riders (including my slower younger bro.) bad mouth people cuz they don't do huge gapped doubles and can't win every moto.

Riding is fun. that's all there is to it. I even tried to be competitive on a dinosaur of a bike last year (87 kx250), and it just plain sucked. i wasn't having any fun, wasn't getting any faster, and wasn't looking forward to the next race. i have improved dramatically now that i just go out to have fun (this is getting redundant) and can relax on the track, in the woods, or wherever.

my two cents.

PIN IT AND GRIN :D

That is the kind of macho crap I was talking about. Give me a break.

LOL...true dat! Poor guy...

Hey mxaddict? Where you ride? You should head over to VP Cycleranch on Sunday an hook up with us! That track owns most Houston area tracks as far as dirt goes, much loamier, better traction, all the jumps you would need as well as natural terrain, and it is looooong.....fun to the max!

Rapture,

Are you talking about the Cycleranch track in Floresville? That is absolutely my favorite track (over Whitney, Swan MX and even Glen Helen in Cali. where we ride the vet nat's), and I try to go once a month. The dirt rules and it has a great layout. I wish they hadn't cut off the back section though. I know it is a lot to prep, but I loved that back whoops section and the huge double by the road. Still a great track though. Email me mxaddict@ev1.net and we'll hook up there one weekend.

Brandon

Hey mxaddict ... Head to Cycle ranch this sunday me & rapture will be there, along witha group of people ...

They did add back 1/2 of the back section with whoops & a big dbl.

I'll be the slow guy on the 450, rapture will be the fast one on the 426 ..

shooting some video footage for the movie "crusty bozos of dirt" haha

If not maybe catch you at texasmotoplex one day...

Rapture,

Are you talking about the Cycleranch track in Floresville? That is absolutely my favorite track (over Whitney, Swan MX and even Glen Helen in Cali. where we ride the vet nat's), and I try to go once a month. The dirt rules and it has a great layout. I wish they hadn't cut off the back section though. I know it is a lot to prep, but I loved that back whoops section and the huge double by the road. Still a great track though. Email me mxaddict@ev1.net and we'll hook up there one weekend.

Brandon

Ah, hell yes, Floresville :-) I will email ya, mine is raptur@cox-internet.com

I am wondering what class to sign up for for Dec. 2nd race at VP, the last I raced 4 yrs ago I was a top Int./250 Open rider, but after the 4 year layoff I have no clue where I fit in anymore, especially on the stroker. Endurance in my arms is my worst part, the arm pump is phenomenal, not to mention I need to lose the 25lbs I gained since then! Hehe...but I would rather battle it out for 3rd or 4th in the Int. class than sandbag and be a Novice rider...!!!

?

Rapture you need to step up to the big +30 Exp class .. your already riding the wheels of my 426. From now on just give me all the beer & you keep training :D You & Jerry need to get after it sunday & that will be a pretty good judge for ya... Thats if you dont party to hard sat night :D?

You need more filters? I am heading to Dons tonight

If Rapture is riding +30 expert, it looks like me and Loopout will be riding together a lot. ? Here in Houston a bunch of old pros have entered that class in the last year and it smokes! Even +30 intermediate has gotten much faster recently and you had better be in good shape to run up front.

I sent you emails, and we'll hookup soon, but if you want to ride around with me Rapture you need to party SUPER hard on SAT. night. :D

If Rapture is riding +30 expert, it looks like me and Loopout will be riding together a lot. :D Here in Houston a bunch of old pros have entered that class in the last year and it smokes! Even +30 intermediate has gotten much faster recently and you had better be in good shape to run up front.

I sent you emails, and we'll hookup soon, but if you want to ride around with me Rapture you need to party SUPER hard on SAT. night. :D

HAH! The only expert class I am in is BEER drinking! I polished off 16 Shiner Bocks at the 4-stroke National, I did not even have my bike then, had not bought it yet! In my conditioning level, I would be *lucky* to be able to hang on to the front of the novice class. Sucks getting old AND trying to get back into MX after almost 5 years off!

?