2012 wr450 headlight

A little off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread, does anyone know where to get a new plastic housing for the headlight? I've checked all major plastic companies website and there only seems to be complete aftermarket headlights. I'm going to be racing this bike so I would like a separate front number plate for decals.

Does anyone know if the picture diagram that MReyes posted is correct trying to wire one up hi low on a 2012 right now w the tusk kit.

I couldn't get the headlight to work by wiring it to the tusk control switch. I ended up just using the oem headlight setup and my tusk switch operates my turn signals and horn. 

Ok thanks

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459688660.975846.jpg

Get the plug that low down has linked and do the connections above and the tusk switch will work. My WR is a 2012 but I will assume this will apply to 13, 14 & 15...hope this helps someone out...

Get the plug that low down has linked and do the connections above and the tusk switch will work. My WR is a 2012 but I will assume this will apply to 13, 14 & 15...hope this helps someone out...

Follow the diagram above and you'll have a perfectly functioning off/low/high switch for your headlight. I always liked the WR for its OEM headlight and having control over the high/low beam is the cherry on top. Here is a picture for reference.

HeTDQt3.jpg

Edited by dirznut

I'm battling this issue on my 2012. Can I see a pic of the back of the headlight please? I have two separate bulbs, I assume you are connecting the pic above to the main center light. What are you cutting and removing from the existing harness?