HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamaman1

2 ring piston question

3 posts in this topic

I'm putting a new Wossner piston in my 07 YZ450F and it has 2 rings, 1 top ring and a oil ring set. I called Wossner and the guy told me to face the top ring open end to either the front and back and the oil rings either way as well. Does that seem right? I know the OEM has the open end opposing. Any input?

I'm putting a new Wossner piston in my 07 YZ450F and it has 2 rings, 1 top ring and a oil ring set. I called Wossner and the guy told me to face the top ring open end to either the front and back and the oil rings either way as well. Does that seem right? I know the OEM has the open end opposing. Any input?

I

I Clocked my rings on my Wossner piston lets say top ring at 3 O Clock the first oil ring 9 o clock the oil scraper 6 O Clock the sencond oil ring 12 O Clock.

Follow the manual instructions for the three ring OEM piston and ignore the second ring.

Looking at the piston from the top with the center intake as 12:00 o'clock, put the top ring gap at 10:30, the top oil scraper rail at 4:30, the expander ring at 10:30, and the lower oil rail at 7:30.