Flap in airbox goes where?

I was changing the airfilter on my '99 400F for the first time, when I found this "flap" laying in the bottom of the airbox. It's a plastic/vinyl flap that's not a rectangle, but is about 6" long and 4" wide. It also has two slotted holes like it should wrap around something. I cleaned everything and I can't see where it's supposed to live. It also looks like there is supposed to be a top as there are two screw holes and on the other end of the opening there are some holes where it looks like some tabs would grab onto. I thought this was a pretty straight forward thing, but now I'm kinda nervous about starting it...

I got the same thing in a plastic bag attached to my owners manual, and I was wondering the same thing. Let me know if your bike blows up!

The flap goes infront of the airbox, just behind the tank, the tabs go around the subframe rails. It is used as a to deflect debris away from the airbox opening (sand/mud).

Excellent! Fits like a champ, now that I know where it's supposed to go...many thanks!

This board, and it's members, are great. A source of knowledge I'm glad I stumbled upon...

Excellent! Fits like a champ, now that I know where it's supposed to go...many thanks!

This board, and it's members, are great. A source of knowledge I'm glad I stumbled upon...