Crush washer

Does anyone know if Home Depot / Lowes has a crush washer for the oil drain plug on a 04 yz450f? I imagine it'd be the same for any of the years though?

Does everyone really change these every time? I'm on my 10th or so oil change and the original still works fine. no weeping or nothing.

I just like to play it safe. The times where I didn't have a new one and just used an old washer I've had no problems though

Edited by SteveKing84

You're supposed to change those?!

Does anyone know if Home Depot / Lowes has a crush washer for the oil drain plug on a 04 yz450f? I imagine it'd be the same for any of the years though?

No, they don't.

I prob have 30+ oil changes on my bike...never ONCE changed one.

They do get thin after a while, but I rarely replace them unless they've been used a good number of times. It's proper, but from a pragmatic standpoint, it just isn't necessary that often.

In Australia we have a little more trouble. If we try to use alluminium washers like on the magnetic Gold plug it leaks :banghead:

I only use copper washers now & soften them after a few uses by heating them up red & dowsing in water quickly.

You should be able to buy copper washers at a hardware store or simmilar.

Edited by Barra8

Your local auto parts store will have them.

Your local auto parts store will have them.

I bought an assortment pack from Advance Auto and was able to use them on brake line banjo bolts too.

Thanks guys

FWIW, the GYTR Magnetic Drain Bolt doesn't have a crush washer, just a normal copper washer.