what should water temp be

2011 yz450. Running ice. Taped off one whole radiator. So i figured i needed to find out what temp was running so i wire tied my tuner to the cross bar and set it for monitor. worked great and i'm glad i did cause after a good warm up and about 7 laps flat out it was only running 106 degrees. So i taped off ALL but the outside louver on BOTH rads. 7 laps later, 130 degrees. One more piece of tape and now i briefly saw 156 degrees. now thats both radiators completely covered except for one outside louver. I'm more comfortable with that # and it actually ran stronger. Its almost all stock on the fuel/timing map.

So the big Question is, What temp should i be shooting for? I never would have guessed it was running that cold and once the word went around everybody was adding more duct tape and watching too see if they were blowing antifreeze. I mean, what temps do they run in summer? and what range am i looking for?

Thanks

The engine will run the best with the coolant temps in the range of 120-180. Summer temps range around 200-240, which is OK. 50/50 coolant mixes boil at about 265-270 with a 1.1 bar cap.

The engine will run the best with the coolant temps in the range of 120-180. Summer temps range around 200-240, which is OK. 50/50 coolant mixes boil at about 265-270 with a 1.1 bar cap.

Thank you, now i have a reference. Appreciate it

Tim