The pillow top grips are by far my favorite grips i have used. I find they help cut down on vibration and feel real comfortable on the hands.

The pillow top grips are by far my favorite grips i have used. I find they help cut down on vibration and feel real comfortable on the hands.

Thanks for the review! I can't wait until this bike is done, but not really either. I'm having fun right now building it. :D

Nice job documenting your build it is looking good. Enjoy

Nice job documenting your build it is looking good. Enjoy

Thanks! I just polished my exhaust and painted the end cap bolts red.

IMAG0774_zpsb4782628.jpg

Nice job. I just picked up an 03 from a friend. Plated and tagged ready for some dual sporting. It needs a few things but I can't wait to get this thing on the road.

A small update for you folks.

Picked this up at the dealer Yesterday.

IMAG0782_zpsd086785d.jpg

Me and a friend had to cut the top steering stem bearing race with a Dremel.

IMAG0783_zpsca508548.jpg

Well You could say I needed some new bearings. Here is a bunch of rear linkage bearings pieces. :headshake

IMAG0788_zps9592ef3d.jpg

Polished a couple parts.

IMAG0786_zps39936994.jpg

Almost done

IMAG0790_zpsa120cccf.jpg

Assembled the front end.

IMAG0789_zps78da523d.jpg

Edited by Krimble

Not servicing the suspension? Hard to believe considering how poorly the bike was maintained. I wonder if the oil has ever been changed. Please tell us you are not going to ignore that.

Not servicing the suspension? Hard to believe considering how poorly the bike was maintained. I wonder if the oil has ever been changed. Please tell us you are not going to ignore that.

I am for the rear, but for the front, I plan on doing a upgrade this summer, so they work well and I'm not too concerned about that.

Got my cylinder and Head from the shop today. I think it's pretty good. He shaved off a thin layer off the head. Honed the cylinder and Cleaned everything. I don't know what he used, but the outside of the cylinder looks BRAND NEW...

I should get some update soon, since now all I need to do is try to remove the flywheel and change the timing chain. After that, it will be quite easy. Well I hope so anyways.

IMG_7090_zps75f060a9.jpg

IMG_7091_zpsb804237f.jpg

IMG_7095_zps32f64e76.jpg

IMG_7096_zps6d260880.jpg

These WR heads are so beautiful... Gotta love these 5 valves.

IMG_7097_zpse2c5b9a0.jpg

I'd like to know what they used to clean it up?

I'd like to know what they used to clean it up?

I will try to get in touch with them. I'm assuming some sort of acid or Bead blasting, but if I can contact him soon, I will let you know. You mean the Cylinder right?

Edited by Krimble

Figured I would post pictures of the seat, and a pic of the tank, shrouds, and bars on.

IMAG0777_zps695fdd1b.jpg

IMAG0791_zpsf8d451b4.jpg

Where in NB are you? I'm in Saint John. I have an 05 WR.

Where in NB are you? I'm in Saint John. I have an 05 WR.

I'm in grande-Digue. Are you on NBDSC.ca?

I disassembled my rear shock and cleaned it, now I'm thinking of painting my spring red with some Krylon Fusion. :huh:

IMAG0824_zps02f05953.jpg

IMAG0825_zps9b270774.jpg

Then I went to my Yamaha dealer to pull out my flywheel. They did it for free! :bannana: They just did some renovations and added a tire section. They have 4 rows of these. :D I know where to go for tire now.

IMAG0826_zps06983f9d.jpg

Then I forgot to put a rag on my engine when installing the piston clip.

But after about an hour I found it and removed it with a screwdriver by magnetizing it.

IMAG0828_zpsc0a65ef6.jpg

Tightened the flywheel again and put on the timing chain. Also put on new rings and installed the cylinder.

IMAG0829_zpsd3ed26ab.jpg

Torqued down my head.

IMAG0830_zps0fca3c91.jpg

Installing cams and installed new stator and cover. Now All I need is to torque the cams and check the shim clearance.

IMAG0831_zps0e5c7db6.jpg

Since they cut my valve seats I need to figure out my Shims... :(

IMAG0832_zps6e3ae276.jpg

IMAG0833_zps78b07741.jpg

Just found out which shims I needed, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Here's a screenshot, hope you can see. :)

Valveshimclearance_zps40f049d5.jpg

Edited by Krimble

Here's what I did tonight. test fitted all the plastic, now I can put on the graphics! Yaaaay! :D

IMAG0842_zpse963ceea.jpg

And tada! It kind of looks weird with no wheels, looks stretched out, but it will look good. I hope. :)

IMAG0843_zpsa44dfc44.jpg

Love the work you have done so far. You are very detailed in your work, and your pics. More pics please! I'm looking for another 4 stroke bike to ride with my kids, and also for trails and have been wanting either a WR250 or WR426/450. Specifically because of the electric start, and the great reputation. Your post is pushing me in the "blue" direction even more.

Love the work you have done so far. You are very detailed in your work, and your pics. More pics please! I'm looking for another 4 stroke bike to ride with my kids, and also for trails and have been wanting either a WR250 or WR426/450. Specifically because of the electric start, and the great reputation. Your post is pushing me in the "blue" direction even more.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. I love taking pictures, so you don't have to worry about that. ^_^

I did a little work tonight, and let me tell you, if graphics weren't so nice, it would be the thing I hate the most, they are such a pain to install. I took me almost an hour for one rear number plate and the rear fender... :foul:

IMAG0844_zps1692e637.jpg

IMAG0845_zpsc4501331.jpg

Installed some more graphics.

IMAG0851_zps974ede00.jpg

Just bought a Acerbis LED vision headlight from a local forum member. Perfect timing, I was just going to buy one, which is 150$ new with shipping, but he posted a topic that he was selling one still in the box for 50$, so I went there pretty fast! :thumbsup:

IMAG0853_zpsba251db1.jpg

IMAG0854_zps36644c07.jpg