HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeOK

how far on stock tank of fuel?

7 posts in this topic

I'm doing my first hare scarmble next weekend, im wondering how often i should re-fuel. It is a 2 hour race. How long in time will the stock tank last if you are really hammering? Thanks in advance...

You won't make the full 2 hours, so i'd suggest filling up at the half way point. I've run mine an hour and a half before running out and it always makes an hour. mike

I have been getting right at 39 to 41 miles to a tank. I have been on fumes the last couple of hare scrambles I've ran.

on the trails me and my friend get about 69 miles to the tank. cuz we usually ride in 4-5 the whole time. im not sure if this helps but just puttin in my 2 cents.

on the trails me and my friend get about 69 miles to the tank. cuz we usually ride in 4-5 the whole time. im not sure if this helps but just puttin in my 2 cents.

Well maybe this will be some good info for some of you. I did the race, was laps of about 7 miles, very tight, mostly 2nd or 3rd gear, and alot of tight woods 1st gear stuff. My laps were running between 23-27 minutes, and I refueled after the 3rd lap which was about an hour and 20 minutes. I think I could have made one more lap but I fueled up anyway. Wish I would have tried now since it cost me 3 places... Man am I ever tired, it was a very cool race but give me moto any day. MX here in eastern OK is much more organized than this scramble was...