Yz 450 2012 suspension settings

Hey any body got any good ideas on some good suspension settings to start with for the 2012 yz450. Looking through alot of the mags and ever pro rider has there own idea on where they should start because ever body complains about the front end of the bike in the corners. Also saying that the rear shock bucks to much needed to adjust rebound as such. Just thought I could throw it out there to see what others are running on the front and back.

Hey any body got any good ideas on some good suspension settings to start with for the 2012 yz450. Looking through alot of the mags and ever pro rider has there own idea on where they should start because ever body complains about the front end of the bike in the corners. Also saying that the rear shock bucks to much needed to adjust rebound as such. Just thought I could throw it out there to see what others are running on the front and back.

Most important is to have the right springs for your weight. Then set the SAG as most accurate as possible.

US model stock settings:

Front:

LSC: 13 clicks out

REB: 10 clicks out

Rear:

HSC: 1-14 turns out

LSC: 8 out

Rebound: 17 clicks out

I just purchased a 2012 YZ450 as well and have not set up my suspension either. What weight are you basing these settings on. How would I determine the settings for a rider at 190.

The settings he posted were stock settings

Im thinking of trying the linkage arm from pro circuit

The stock springs. For a 80 Kg rider, in the European model are.

European model

4.6 N/mm front springs

54 N/mm shock spring

US model

4.6 N/mm front springs

56 N/mm shock spring

You can Check the Racetech website. There is a lot of information there.

Keep in mind that the Yamaha is very sensible to SAG and that the weight has be measured always with all the gear on. More or less is around +10kg.