Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crowboy15

WR450 TRANS

7 posts in this topic

Yup, I put 4/5th in my 2010...Use parts from 2007 WR, Will need 4 gears, output shaft, as well as a different splined washer that holds one of the gears behind the circlip. I run a 13-52, plunk in the rocks, and still makes my eyes water on top end...

If you want the full WR trans, including the lower low gear and the higher 5th, you'll need the complete trans. Both shafts are needed to do this because the low gear pinion is cut directly on the main shaft, and the splines under 4th gear on the output shaft are different.

What eazrider did was to install only the top two gears from the WR, which gives him 1-4 identical to the '04 4 speed with the WR 5th on top of it.

Either way, you can use your original shift cam and forks.

Thanks Grayracer I have done this before in my 08yz450. Didn't know if the 10 and up were different. :ride:

The 10+ had a change to gears 3 and 4 on the output shaft, and to the shaft itself, along with the washer mentioned, otherwise the rest is the same parts as the '06.

Thank eazrider, he was the Guinea pig on this one. :cheers:

If you want the full WR trans, including the lower low gear and the higher 5th, you'll need the complete trans. Both shafts are needed to do this because the low gear pinion is cut directly on the main shaft, and the splines under 4th gear on the output shaft are different.

What eazrider did was to install only the top two gears from the WR, which gives him 1-4 identical to the '04 4 speed with the WR 5th on top of it.

Either way, you can use your original shift cam and forks.

Do you know if it is any different on a 04 yz450??