HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kcin

04' WR vs. YZ

3 posts in this topic

Help! I am torn between the WR & YZ, does anyone have any pro's or con's between them? Mostly ride desert with some track, has the WR key issue been resolved for the 04's?

Thanks

In August I started to look for a replacement for the KX500 I had been ridding. I was much like you undecided :). I do race a little but I was recovering from a serious crash this spring on the 500. Didn't know if I would be able to race again or if it would be trail riding only from now on. The dealers around home were sold out of the 03 YZ & WR models I happened to be on vacation and stoped by a dealer in northern Michigan Who had both bikes on the showroom floor so I could compare. They had them on clearence with the same price on both bikes. I had been leaning to the YZ since they were cheaper I was told by my local dealers. After Wondering the showroom for an hour I decided WR. I figured for the same money I would get the WR and take the extras, lights, electric start, kickstand etc, off if they bothered. I figured I could take these Items off cheaper than I could put them on the YZ later. I have had the bike since Sept. I had the susp redone which I would of done to a YZ also. I have raced it still full WR equiped, 3 times this fall with no regreats. If I was going to race full time then the YZ would be the way to go. For my riding, trails and some racing I would buy another WR even if it cost me a few extra dollars.

Get the WR . . .

It has a 5 speed not a 4 speed transmission and an 18" rear wheel which equals greater tire selection. Also longer fuel range. Unless you're a full time motodude the WR is the only way to go!