HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjschraf

new member- two yz 450s

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I accidentally posted in the wrong section earlier. But now I am in the right spot. Over the winter, I bought two yz 450's. One is an 04 and the other is an 07. I love the looks of the 07 but I definitely can notice the power in the 04. I haven't ridden in several years. My last bike was a cr 125 when I was younger. I am excited to dig into these and hope that I actually can ride this time around. I am a trail rider, nothing intense.

I will try to post pictures as well.

In order to ride in Michigan, I believe they need to have spark arrestors. The 04 has an fmf pipe and that should be fine. However, the 07 does not and I don't want to spend $300 on one. Anyone know if they are required for riding? Is there a cheaper solution? I would be fine with used.

Thanks

Don't know the requirements for Michigan but if you are riding on any public land I am sure you need a spark arrestor. Also, check your FMF they do not automaticaly have spark arrestors built in, you typicaly can have either a arrestor or a non-arrestor insert. You can get a Pro-Moro Billet end cap with certified spark arrestor for about $120 - $130 ish. Just remove your current end cap and install it right to your stock can.

1 person likes this

Don't know the requirements for Michigan but if you are riding on any public land I am sure you need a spark arrestor. Also, check your FMF they do not automaticaly have spark arrestors built in, you typicaly can have either a arrestor or a non-arrestor insert. You can get a Pro-Moro Billet end cap with certified spark arrestor for about $120 - $130 ish. Just remove your current end cap and install it right to your stock can.

This is what I did.

I'd sell you my stock pipe with PMB endcap, Spark Arestor and quiet core for $100. Let me know if interested and I can get you some pics.....