interested in racing

need some advice, i have been interested in entering some type of enduro race or desert race, i have never done it and would like to soon. i am a beginer novice and turning 50 soon. any ideas and advice would be great. im in san diego.

Racing is so much fun you won't believe it. I never went fast until I started racing. Then it was like a switch went off in my head and I went fast every time I got on my bike. I could no slow down and I did not want to slow down. Tons of fun getting in a little race with someone who is your speed and pushing each other.

• Like 1

It is very fun and very addicting. Hard to stop once you start. Even after you break a bunch of bones, you can't stop. I would race every weekend if I could.

Start working out if you want to win. Elliptical trainer works well.

Best advice is to learn how to deal with arm pump ASAP. It effects everyone differently.

Get your suspension revalved.

Check out Sage Riders.com, there is everything you need to know about Desert racing selection and lots of other good info. I spent the 2011 season racing and working them and had a blast. The first time I rolled into the pits of a desert race I was amazed on how many people attend them, it's quite an event, especially a National.

In fact, I'm going scratch the itch and race this weekend. Cycle Land Enduro in Nacogdoches, Tx. 1st race of the season for TSCEC and I'm all jacked up for it. After racing against the youngsters the last 12 years, I finally turned 40. So now I get to go against people my own age in the 40+ class. I have no expectations other than to have fun and come home not hurt. I'm taking the RV and one of my friends who has never even rode a dirt bike. He is just coming along for the ride. Gonna grill some meat and drink a few on Saturday night, then get up Sunday and shred some single track. Got to let the 450 eat! That is what i call living right.

Jump on in man. Racing is the most fun that I can have.