DRZ400 FAQ

Step-by-step HOWTOs, Fix's, Tips and Tricks

If you have a question, please look in the FAQ before posting.

All new DRZ riders, or new to TT should read this sub forum first.

28 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Featured Content

IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs
    With manufacturers going further to make their bikes lighter, the question of durability is being asked more and more. One area for saving weight can be found in the foot pegs. From shaving material, or using exotic metals, a pound + can easily be removed. But, at what cost? Durability? I've broken steel foot pegs on a later model KTM and even stock Ti Yamaha units. After 60+hrs of abuse and 4 races, here's what I learned about the new IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs... PRODUCT OVERVIEW Made from cast 17-4 stainless steel, using a patented mud relief design, IMS put function & durability before weight savings. The IMS Core pegs come in a medium-to-sharper tooth design. Sharp enough to keep your feet planted but not enough to have you replacing boot soles on a regular basis. There is no fancy anodizing or removable teeth, just straight up foot peg! Best of all is the LIFETIME WARRANTY! Break these foot pegs and IMS will replace them, no questions asked. INSTALLATION Installation is simple, taking 10-15 minutes with basic hand tools. You'll reuse the OE foot peg pins, springs and cotter pins. PERFORMANCE Design-wise,  the IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs look nearly identical to stock '16+ KTM foot pegs, but better. Overall the footprint is slightly wider, but I would mostly attribute that to more material being used. Overall, I'd say that the IMS is nearly 3x thicker with a weight penalty of just under .5lbs for the pair. In terms of their finish, dare I say raw? No purdy anodized colors or over polishing, just little shine on the outside edge with the IMS logo and foot peg model tastefully etched in. The Core Enduro Foot Peg is all business! No welds or fasteners, just a simple & strong one-piece design. The standard teeth are sharp, but not razor sharp  with an outer edge that is slightly higher for more support and grip. When it comes to riding, the IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs are on point.  Riding for fun, practice, or racing, knowing that these IMS foot pegs can take the abuse you'll dish out inspires confidence. If you have ever raced use foam mousse, the feeling is the same; abuse it and never think twice. In one of my races, I rode in some of the worst conditions possible; lots of mud, snow, roots, and rock faces. It was by far one of the most brutal races I've done in years. The foot pegs held strong and offered excellent performance.  In terms of overall grip, I didn't feel a noticeable improvement over the stock foot pegs. The stock pegs have been very good in this area. I did find on two occasions over the 40+hrs of testing that my foot hooked on the outer teeth when trying to get my foot off. Neither incident resulted in a crash, just something I noted. The foot pegs did not interfere with operation of the rear brake or shifter in any way and neither needed adjustment  to play nice with the IMS foot pegs. MONK'S BOTTOM-LINE IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs are a no frills, no gimmicks product built with performance and durability in mind and little more. Yes, you have the .5lb weight penalty but I chalk it up as a 1/2lb. of added durability. Toss in the lifetime, no questions asked warranty and you've got one of the best replacement foot pegs offered. I also found the IMS Core Enduro Foot Pegs to be favorably priced when looking at competitive offerings. I tip my hat to IMS for keeping these foot pegs simple, but better than stock. If you are someone who has a habit of riding tough terrain where a broken foot peg could send you back to the truck early, you really need to look at the IMS Enduro Core Foot Pegs.
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Jun 21, 2017

HUSQVARNA OFFICIALLY UNVEIL 2018 ENDURO RANGE
    HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES LIFT THE COVERS FROM THEIR EXCITING 2018 ENDURO LINE-UP Husqvarna Motorcycles today launch their complete line-up of 2018 enduro models – a sophisticated new series of 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines that take the historic brand’s enduro model line-up to a whole new level in terms of technology and performance.  Introducing the next generation of 2-stroke machines – the all-new, electronic fuel-injected TE 250i and TE 300i – Husqvarna’s latest enduro offerings deliver unprecedented advantages in terms of performance, rideability, fuel consumption and ease of use. The introduction of electronic fuel injection by Husqvarna Motorcycles represents a bold new step into the future of offroad motorcycling. Together with the fuel-injected 2-strokes, Husqvarna Motorcycles present a heavily updated range of TE and FE machines for model year 2018. Collecting feedback from top-level competition and combining it with extensive research, the brand’s engineers ensured that the 2018 TX 125, TE 150 (only for US), FE 250, FE 350, FE 450 and FE 501 remain true to Husqvarna Motorcycles’ commitment to offer premium motorcycles across their complete enduro range. 2-STROKE’S NEW ERA  Perfectly embodying Husqvarna’s pioneering spirit, the new from the ground up electronic fuel injected TE 250i and TE 300i machines feature engine technology that revolutionises the field of 2-stroke enduro motorcycles.  TE 250I/300I ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION HIGHLIGHTS  =>Fuel injectors at the transfer ports → Ideal amount of fuel in all conditions  =>Oil pump & oil tank → Convenient, eliminates pre-mix  =>39 mm throttle body → Regulates air flow, TPS relays airflow data  =>New EMS → Modern engine management, no need for jetting changes  =>Standard map select → Customise power characteristics  =>Frame integrated oil filler cap → Simple refills  =>Translucent fuel tank → Large capacity, fuel pump integrated  =>New intake snorkel → Adapted to throttle body  SETTING THE BENCHMARK  Combining the most advanced engine technology with a series of dynamic upgrades, all Husqvarna Motorcycles 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines set the benchmark in terms of handling, power, weight and aesthetics.  MY18 ENDURO HIGHLIGHTS (ALL MODELS)  =>WP Xplor 48 front fork → New fork tubes & setting for added sensitivity & bottoming resistance  =>New Magura brake callipers & GSK discs → Optimal sensitivity & progression  =>New ProTaper handlebar → Class-leading function & style  The new Husqvarna MY18 enduro range will be available worldwide from July 2017 at all authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers. For all details on pricing and availability, please refer to your national Husqvarna Motorcycles Subsidiary or Importer. 
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Jun 27, 2017

• Popular Now