HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Yamaha Dual-Sport

WR250R/X TW200 XT250

4,693 topics in this forum

• 32 replies
    • 98 replies
    • 1,093 replies
    • 146 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 27 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 24 replies

• Featured Content

Round 8 Atlanta: Dungey’s Revenge!
    Round 8 Atlanta: Dungey’s Revenge! The past week was full of message boards and journalists (myself included) asking, “What's wrong with Dungey?”  He came to Atlanta ready to silence his critics.  I stand by my analysis that he is battling an illness, but clearly he is getting better.  Dungey did look fatigued towards the end of the race as opposed to Eli Tomac who remained fresh.  With that said, Dungey got it done and this is what defines him as a Champion!  He can seemingly raise his level when needed while taking what's given on other days.  Marvin and Eli have to be frustrated, both guys were faster than Dungey all day, including the Main event but bad starts caused both guys to struggle.   The Atlanta track wasn't ideal for passing and the sand section was downright silly.  Why put beach sand on the backside of a wall jump?  I like the sand sections when built in turns.  Wall jumps without sand cause guys to get blasted with dirt, again putting sand there was ridiculous.  Another part of the track I didn't like was the dog leg before the triple.  Maybe they had to build it that way to fit the stadium, but in any form of racing a dog leg creates single file racing unless it is followed by a double apex 180 degree turn.   In the 250 race, Zach Osborne finally reached the top step of the podium!  Osborne took the long road to the top.  For those who don't know his story, here is the short version.  Osborne was highly touted coming out of the Amateur ranks signing with Factory KTM.  This didn't work out and he ended up earning the dubious nick name “snack pack,” the name given to him from outdoor national commentator at the time David Pingree.  After losing his ride at KTM the only option to continue his career was to take a ride in Europe.  Osborne fought hard and earned himself a ride with Geico Honda but after a couple years of not reaching his potential they let him go.  Zach then signed with the Rockstar Husky team.  While last year was filled with disappointments, this year is proving different.  Almost 10 years after becoming a Pro he earned his first SX win.  Osborne took the hard road showing through dedication his old nickname, “snack pack” was lifetimes ago.  I put him as the East title favorite, but this coming week will be telling.  Is this going to make him want to win every race, or is this just the monkey off his back?  I am predicting the competition is in trouble. Alex Martin and Jordan Smith seemed a lock for 2nd and 3rd in the 250 main until Martin cleaned out his teammate.  Smith missed the on/off jump and was out of the normal rhythm, still Martin shouldn't have jumped in there and cleaned him out.  It makes senses if they were battling for a win, but when both TLD KTM riders are in podium spots with little or no chance to catch Osborne, it becomes a stupid move.  Team manager Tyler Keefe has to be pulling his hair out. Although Dungey’s performance was great, it's a 17 race series!  Tomac and Musquin can't allow Dungey any more breathing room.  Let's be real though, if Dungey is up more than 30 points after Daytona this is likely over.  
    Posted by Chris Cooksey on Feb 26, 2017

8 COOL FEATURES THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE NEW THUMPERTALK
    The all-new ThumperTalk.com lives! Many seem to like it, a few absolutely hate it, and most seem to have taken the changes in stride. The typical forum stuff is all there, even if some things function a bit differently than you might be used to. Regardless, I thought that it might be helpful to point out some of the more useful and/or interesting features of the new site. In no particular order: #1 ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR POSTS You've always been able to attach an image by browsing your device's hard drive, but now you can do the same via drag-n-drop. Also, to the right of the post editor box, you'll see a menu item called, "Insert other media". This will allow you to attach an image from a URL or from your library of images that you've uploaded previously (think TT cloud). Also, once an image is embedded in your post, no more thumbnails! Images scale to fit best on the size of screen your viewing on. Bigger screens see bigger images and smaller screens.... I'm sure you get it. #2 CUSTOM ACTIVITY STREAMS ThumperTalk has more topics than you can shake a stick at and let's face it, you're not interested in even half of them. You likely already know that you can filter by topics you started, posted in, or simply subscribed to. But, now you can build your own custom activity streams that zero in on just the stuff you care most about. Each stream can be given a name meaningful to you and you can create as many streams as you'd like. Custom activity streams are found under the "Activity" link in the main sit nav. #3 Member Mentions If you play on Instagram or Facebook, you probably know that you can let specific users know about what you've shared by mentioning them in your post. We now support mentions, but for those of you that are not quite sure this works, simply type @username anywhere in your post. As you type, we'll show you a list of the matching user name(s) to select from. When done, your post will look like that below. Note: those you mention will only be notified if their accounts settings allow it. #4 More Flexible Search The new search function is now able to search all site content, not just specific sections, such as forum topics. So, say you're looking for info on what other riders think of a particular tire. Searching "All Content" will pull in anything relevant from forum discussion topics, product reviews, articles, member garages, etc... After you click into the search box, click the down arrow to reveal the search options. #5 Quick Create Menu No longer do you have to navigate to a particular part of the website to start a new discussion topic, submit an article or product review, or to update your status.  Just click the  +Create link next to your notifications icon: #6 Topic Preview on Mouse-over To preview a topic without opening (from desktop), simply put your mouse pointer on the topic title and give it a sec... The preview will allow you to see the first post, last post, and to mark the topic as read. How do you close the preview? Just navigate away. It will close on its own. #7 Profile Page Cover Photo Want your profile page to look sexy like mine? Now you can upload a custom cover page photo to make it your own. #8 Following Other Members Want be notified of when an always helpful, knowledgeable member posts stuff? Now you can follow them. Pretty cool right, or kinda creepy depending upon how you look at it.  How to follow someone? Nav to the member's profile page and click "Follow Member".
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Feb 07, 2017

Klim F3 Helmet ECE/DOT
    KLIM ’s F3 Off-Road helmet is a most-valuable riding partner. Composite shell construction means the F3 can be strong and lightweight in a modern, sleek design. Structure Mapped Composite construction, a new complete comfort liner system, intelligent ventilation and KLIM legendary quality combine in the new F3. Maximize the Minimum – The F3 is engineered to minimize neck fatigue and maximize impact protection. Built Strong – KLIM's all-new F3 starts a light and strong revolution in off-road style helmets. Constructed with KLIM's Structure Mapped Composite base material lay up, the F3 optimizes strength in all the right areas while reducing overall weight. Refined Fit – KLIM took old helmet technology and tossed it. With the new F3, riders enjoy up to 10% smaller external dimensions and a sleeker, more comfortable fit from three shell sizes. Let Off Some Steam – KLIM is the industry leader in body comfort. And developing an effective intelligent ventilation system for the F3 was key. Thirteen intake vents combine with six exhaust ports to provide optimal heat dispersion even while stationary. Wide Open Spaces – The KLIM F3 Helmet features the widest, unobstructed field of view in its class, ensuring you'll never miss the epic views it takes you to. All-Day Comfort – The KLIM F3 features the latest Custom EPS and internal liner systems to secure the rider's head completely. EPS, 3D Ergonomic cheek pads and liner foam are optimized for a great fit. Systems Check – KLIM engineered the new F3 to work in conjunction with market leading neck brace technology, not against it. Expectations – Thanks to innovative construction techniques and premium materials, The KLIM F3 meets or exceeds the most demanding ECE and DOT standards for motorcycle helmets at reduced weight KLIM Custom Fit – Klimatek™ Fabric liner systems utilize adaptive smart foam technology and anti-microbial/bacterial fast-wicking textiles.  
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Feb 23, 2017

Product Spotlight: Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots
    Product Spotlight: Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots These days expensive protective equipment saturate the market, but Alpinestars has a motocross boot that offers high dollar protection with high end quality at the average man’s price.  I have worn the Sidi Crossfire 2, Garne SG-10, SG-12, and Alpinestars Tech 10 boots.  While these top-line boots all share impressive features my favorite is the Alpinestars Tech 7, with the low retail price of $349.  Once Western Power Sports became a distributor for Alpinestars I immediately tested the Tech 10 against the Tech 7 boots.   My initial thought was I would prefer the highest priced boot, the Tech 10.  While this boot is amazing, I felt like I could literally jump off the roof and have no ankle injuries (not recommended), I struggled with the lack of flexibility.  I am 6’4” and have suffered many foot and ankle injuries throughout the years, the most recent was a ruptured Achilles’ tendon.  I tend to look for boots that offer support and protection, yet allow me the freedom to ride comfortably and the Tech 7 meets this criteria.  If I was riding AMA Supercross I would opt for the Tech 10, but for me and my Vet B riding level the Tech 7 is heaven on my feet!  Look for both the Tech 7 and Tech 10 boots available in the TT store.   https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/cart.php?m=search_results&c=&catID=4443&v=&id=&venID=&attrList=&manuf=1602&priceFilter=&sortBy=PriceHiLo&search=Tech+7&sort=5&asc=desc&page=2 KEY FEATURES • New dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated into the base structure for superior durability and features high performing rubber grip patterning and enhanced feel. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable. • The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle. • Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support. • Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable. • Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support. • Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry. • Internal lining includes anti-slip microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position.
    Posted by Chris Cooksey on Feb 21, 2017

Turning Stones vol 1
    The official ride video...Make sure to watch in HD The day started by waking up in a lavish hotel room at the Aranwa Resort in Urubamba, Peru. I had a couple of hours to eat breakfast, gear up, and drive across the valley to another fine hotel to meet up with Imad. A month prior, I received an email inquiry about running a one day hard enduro tour. I was available for the dates, so I began discussing the options for the tour. What I found out was that Imad, who lives in Dubai, was vacationing with his wife. He had come up with a brilliant plan to offer a full day at the spa for his wife which in turn allowed him to take advantage of another type of "SPA." Brilliant! Normally, I begin the tours from our headquarters in Cusco, but in this case, I was able to accommodate by starting at Imad's hotel in Urubamba. This gave me an excuse to bring my entire family to the valley, put them up at a nice hotel complete with all the fixings, and combine it with a one day enduro ride that has kept a smile on my face for days. I hung out with my family when I was at the hotel, then snuck out for a ride with Imad, then returned to spend more time with the family. Perfect! A couple of happy fellas I arrived at the Tambo del Inca, one of the finest hotels in Urubamba. I unloaded the bikes, prepped the lunches, warmed everything up, then headed into the lobby to find Imad. There he was with his happy wife who was about to be pampered for an entire day at the spa. She couldn't have been more happy. Imad was stoked to be able to enjoy Peru on a dirt bike. A win-win in my book! His wife made sure that I was legitimate. She was a bit concerned about me bringing him back in one piece. She mentioned the fact that there are two young kids who have a special relationship with their dad. I also fit that scenario, so I piped in my story to appease his wife that it was indeed my plan to bring Imad back alive and in good condition. Within minutes, Imad and I found ourselves mounting up on the two Husqvarna TE 300's. The trail head, just a minute away from the hotel was screaming for us to come try her out. The trail started out with a daunting strip of tight rock walled single track that resembles a jungle tunnel. It wasn't raining at the time, but it was extremely wet from the rain the night before. Imad pounded out the section with a bit of wonder about whether or not the rest of the day would be similar. I think it scared him a bit. To his pleasant surprise, I explained that it's not all as difficult, but that we would face countless obstacles in the days ride...But not to worry, it would all be worth it. Just a little rocky section to play around on We continued to work our way up the canyon with a goal of reaching the lower lake. I figured it would be a worthy goal to reach the lake, have lunch, then work our way back down the valley. Along the way up, we encountered numerous switchbacks, rock gardens, open meadows, creeks, and many a wet alpaca poop pile. The ride was just what Imad had hoped for. As a guide, I never know how people will do with the altitude. It can be a butt-kicker for some, and for others, it hardly makes a difference. With Imad, he struggled with it at first, but somehow caught a second wind as we reached the bottom of the last big obstacle before the lake. It was a rocky staircase climb that typically wreaks havoc when its dry, but this time it was soaking wet. We had  our work cut out for us. Like two mules, we worked up a good lather climbing up each of the rock steps. I made sure to tell Imad that the view would be worth it. Within a few minutes, he had the opportunity to agree with me. The view was just what Imad needed. In fact, he was so stoked about the view that he told me he wanted to try to reach the upper lake. We had plenty of time, so why not? Taking a break! The stakes go up on the route between the lakes. The terrain we saw below the first lake was only a warm up. Imad confirmed that he was indeed ready to give it a shot. Atta boy! The coolest part of the section is a waterfall that cascades down the mountain as the trail goes right through it. Check out the video if you want to see what I mean! We worked our way through the water, up a number of tight rocky switchbacks, and finally through a stand of scary red-barked trees where one would expect to find a creepy murderer with an axe. The ride is so fun that you forget the altitude. Just past the forest was the final climb before the upper lake. Imad was feeling his oats at this point. We crested the top to discover a sight to behold; The upper lake. It's absolute beauty. It was a perfect place to eat our lunch, take a million pictures and get ready to ride around the side of the lake to an untouched area where a dirt bike has never been. That is always a special treat that I can do for my customers. There are hundreds of places like that which can be explored on my tours. The upper lake never disappoints...well worth the effort! A bit of food and drink, then we mounted up and began a fun trials type of terrain complete with granite rock slabs, bright green grass, tons of mud, and views that continued to blow us away. We played around for a good hour until it was time to begin our descent to the bottom of the valley. Although it is the same trail, it seems like a different valley and route altogether. The downhill is sketchy. It's fast and rhythmic, but there are so many places to find yourself on your face. We experienced a couple of crashes, but coming down provides such a thrill...in fact, it's that type of thrill that keeps me riding. Pure smiles all the way down. A little ride through a waterfall We made it back to the hotel with nothing left in our tanks. No gas, nor energy. Completely smoked, but so satisfied! Another typical ride in the Andes of Peru! Make sure to check out the ride video to see what I am talking about. I can't wait to share another one next time around. Stay tuned and make sure to follow the blog so you can see the next post when it comes out. Until the next one, Scott Check out more of our hard enduro videos on our Youtube channel at MotoMission Peru Dirtbike Adventures.  
    Posted by scottiedawg on Feb 19, 2017

• Popular Now