XR650L White Bros XCR Exhaust?

• 1 month later...
how does that exhaust work? is it a good buy? increase in power... too loud? would you buy again? its kinda ugly.. tooooooo long.

Here's my response to an earlier question on another thread about this pipe:

The White Bros. XCR aluminum slip-on exhaust is their newest slip-on. It goes over the stock header pipes and works with the stock jetting (if you are too lazy to adjust jetting like I was...I am at 7400 ft). It doesn't have tunable discs like the old E-series, but neither does their new E2 pipe either. To switch from spark arrester config to racing config (and vice versa), it takes only one little screw and about 1 minute. It is also about $100 cheaper than the E2. I got mine off ebay store for $250 delivered. It has a nice cool mean throaty sound. It is not as loud as the XR Only's pipe or the Big Gun...not sure about FMF Q2. I really like what I got. Very big and noticeable power gain over stock pipe, but then again, any aftermarket pipe will give you a big gain over stock. This thread has a pic of it on an XR650L like mine:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...ht=XCR+exhaust

I guess in the end I wasn't looking for looks (I like the way it looks). What I wanted was a good price point and performance gain where I could use the stock header pipes and not have to rejet (I did put an after market high flow air filter and desnorkel). Hope this helps. Just IMHO.

:ride:

big bags, yes. i will try to get a pic of just the bag/duffel on the bike tonight.

click to enlarge...

th_100_7724.jpg

th_100_7720.jpg

Martinfan30:

Thanks for the pics. Now I have a perspective. How close is the bag to the exhaust pipe...really close that it might burn it?? Would you go with the same size again, or recommend something smaller? :confused:

Geo

Martinfan30:

Thanks for the pics. Now I have a perspective. How close is the bag to the exhaust pipe...really close that it might burn it?? Would you go with the same size again, or recommend something smaller? :confused:

Geo

i have an e2 slipon and the bag does not touch. in 2 adventure trips over 1000 miles, no burns at all. size as far the bag? i beleive this is the perfect bag for the type of trips we do. as you can see with aal the camp gear we pack on our bikes, they work really well.?

• Like 1