Idea for Asterisks

I saw a guy at Piru that had done this his to his Asterisk knee braces and I decided to try it out after I just replaced the seat cover on my SDG tall seat foam that got shredded in about three rides from Asterisks.

He got a Lizard Skin- which is a piece of Neoprene rubber with velcro that bicycle guys put over there chainstays to keep the noise down and protect the frame from the chain slapping around.

I bought the Jumbo size for about 7$ and cut it in half and wrapped it around the upper portion of the brace that was rubbing the seat cover so badly. It looks pretty good and not obtrusive at all. My Asterisk was actually starting to wear down from the friction.

I hope this saves my seat cover and riding pants. What do you think?

What actually happens is the braces pinch the seat material between the brace and the frame spare as you go from standing up to sitting down. I have had my tall SDG seat since I got my 02 in Aug/2001. It has not shreds in it because I restapled it tighter where the knees arce accross the seat cover. It's a little trick I learned from hanging around with the factory Honda mechanics. Check out Rickies seat cover next time you're at the races.