Thor Windchill Gloves

3 replies to this topic
  • kfrosty

Posted October 31, 2001 - 12:43 PM

Cooler weather is rolling in. I hate it but I hate not riding more. :) I've been looking for cold weather gear and ran across some of the Thor Wind Chill before my race this past weekend so I purchased a pair. I'm happy to report that these things do the trick. (Or at least for me.) I don't like the cold weather gloves because most have fleece or something that makes them really thick. However, the wind chills like regular riding gloves but with neoprene on the back.

Note, putting them on you really won't feel like they'd do much good but when getting up to speed on the bike you really notice how much cold air they keep off your fingers.

• JBM

Posted October 31, 2001 - 01:14 PM

I have these as well. I haven't been able to try them out in very cold weather yet but on a cool day they made my hands get hot so seems like they should work well in the cold. They're inexpensive too. Thor may have done it with these; moto glove feel, keep your hands warm, look cool, and a good price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted November 02, 2001 - 07:09 AM

Just to add..for the cold weather riding, put medical tape or similar on your levers. I ride w/a finger on the clutch and brake 99% of the time. When its cold out those metal levers get real cold, the tape keeps your fingers away from the metal and provides extra grip as well.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted November 02, 2001 - 07:39 AM

MSR has levers with rubber inserts in the face that do the same thing and have a nice feel. I wear Fox Polar Paws that also do quite well in the cool, wet riding weather we get in the NW all winter long.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.