2013 Dakar Rally YZ450Fs

4 replies to this topic
  • WouldsAssassin

Posted January 11, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Anybody out there know where I can find more information on the YZ450Fs that are currently being ridden in the Dakar Rally.

Olivier Pain
Posted Image

Frans Verhoeven
Posted Image

David Casteau
Posted Image

[color=#000000]Jean-Christophe Menard[/color]Posted Image

I'd like to find out about the fuel tanks, transmission work (if any), electrical systems, etc. I say transmission work because I have a hard time believing they're running standard motocross gearing for this race when they've got 13 days of racing with hours of sustained speeds in the 130-150 km/h (80-95 mph) range. Yes even with the 3 allotted engines for the race. Rear sprockets don't look much smaller than the stock 48 tooth.

Edited by PilotHonda, January 11, 2013 - 02:21 PM.

• FinchFan194

Posted January 11, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Seems like you know more about those bikes and the race than anyone here! Cool pics for sure, thanks for posting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jetfuel

Posted January 12, 2013 - 01:26 PM

Seems that most info is not out yet. on TV they only mentioned it is the newest generation of the YZ based bikes..

I did happen to come across this for sale in france though.. very cool..

http://www.classic-m...ansel_FD95.html

• WouldsAssassin

Posted January 14, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Seems like you know more about those bikes and the race than anyone here! Cool pics for sure, thanks for posting.

I'm familiar with the race, just hoping someone here might know who the bike builders are or how to find them.

• Geoffit

Posted January 14, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Well given that most of the gears in the new yzfs are the same as the 06 09 bikes it would be pretty easy to go with the WR transmission as it is. Before I get too much grief on this look up all the part#s and compare the parts. The ratios are the same and in some places a gear with a new part# is matched with a old # gear. So building the ultimate WR is there. Also the 2012 WR is injected so that stator and flywheel would work well also with a custom cover

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.