Triple clamp bracket for light

5 replies to this topic
  • Gilo-WR

Posted January 07, 2013 - 11:45 AM

I've recently noticed my new bike has no bracket to hold the headlight cowl on ...the bike has TAG Metals triples and as you can see from the pics the previous owner has "improvised" the best he could.. As I have no point of reference to compare, can someone describe the standard setup please.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• MANIAC998

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:07 PM

On your Tag triple clamps, the upper bolts are coming in from straight ahead, whereas with the stockers, the bolts come in from the left & right. So those tabs that have zip-ties going thru them, normally would bolt right up to the stock triple clamps, as those bolts come in from the side, not the front.

• Gilo-WR

Posted January 07, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well in the absence of any way of fabricating a bracket, and no adapter that can be purchased, I guess it's eBay for these little monkeys, alternatively are top and bottom clamps interchangeable between brands, there's plenty of upper oem clamps about

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • still2smokin

Posted January 07, 2013 - 11:22 PM

Well if you are willing to cough up $$$ to replace the triple clamp, I would buy a new one thats
ready for a steering damper such as Scotts. The Scotts/BRP triple clamp uses the the stock headlight
brackets that you could get lots of places like TT, Rocky Mountain or Bike Bandit.

Sounds like the perfect excuse to by a damper to me :thumbsup: . Nobody regrets buying a steering damper !

• still2smokin

Posted January 07, 2013 - 11:30 PM

My bad I thought you had just the top clamp and not the whole thing .

this is the setup from Scotts/BRP to stock headlight brackets.
Posted Image

• Gilo-WR

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the ideas :). im more than happy to revert back to the stock ones at the moment, im not in a hurry to start spending big cash on a "hobby bike" until im sure im gonna enjoy it, hopefully all I need to do then is sell all the SM trim to get my off road goodies

Edited by Gilo-WR, January 08, 2013 - 02:31 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.