Supercross

Ricky D.

17 replies to this topic
  • Baracudaaa

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:54 AM

What the hell happened to Ricky Dietrich? Was he hurt? Had horrible practice times, a 19th in heat 1, and 12th in the LCQ?

Edited by Baracudaaa, January 07, 2013 - 09:55 AM.

• 262 2stroke

Posted January 07, 2013 - 11:14 AM

What the hell happened to Ricky Dietrich? Was he hurt? Had horrible practice times, a 19th in heat 1, and 12th in the LCQ?

Bummer for him!

• off_road_4_me

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:15 PM

should go back to worcs

• 2uptite

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:28 PM

He is just struggling is all. New bike, new class, he said he needs to learn how to ride them. He also said he couldn't believe the aggressivness and intensity of the 250 class.

He is just struggling is all. New bike, new class, he said he needs to learn how to ride them. He also said he couldn't believe the aggressivness and intensity of the 250 class.

• 262 2stroke

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:37 PM

You mean he didn't check out the 250SX class before he rode in it :cool:
Last season was crazy, he must have seen that, mind you he was in Italy.

• 262 2stroke

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:39 PM

should go back to worcs

It's cool for him to try news thing but yes he might be more successful going back to off road but if he was board of it he wouldn't be happy.

• 2uptite

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:53 PM

You mean he didn't check out the 250SX class before he rode in it :cool:
Last season was crazy, he must have seen that, mind you he was in Italy.

You never really know the intensity level and how fast everything is until you get out there. I thought i was fast locally until I went to a big race and got lapped twice.

• 262 2stroke

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:20 PM

You never really know the intensity level and how fast everything is until you get out there. I thought i was fast locally until I went to a big race and got lapped twice.

I was being a smart ass for the most part, if I could even ride that crap I would be happy but I'll stick to the trees.
I was in Vegas when he won the Endurocross and put himself on the map, talented rider no mater how good/bad he does.

• 2uptite

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:27 PM

I was being a smart ass for the most part, if I could even ride that crap I would be happy but I'll stick to the trees.
I was in Vegas when he won the Endurocross and put himself on the map, talented rider no mater how good/bad he does.

Super talented and diverse rider for sure.

• Sabeen

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Whatever happened with the Battery charges & Domestic Violence stuff? I assume they must have went away or small punishment?

• Baracudaaa

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Whatever happened with the Battery charges & Domestic Violence stuff? I assume they must have went away or small punishment?

Well, sometimes, when she just wont shut up, she just might need help seeing your point of view.

• Sabeen

Posted January 08, 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, sometimes, when she just wont shut up, she just might need help seeing your point of view.

Totally, I never questioned why he would beat a bitch down, we all know, bro., we all know. I was just hoping the judge realized we got nuff of that namby pansy letting them vote, call police that he had her jailed and let Ricky get back to his place in the world.

• baby arm holding apple

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:02 PM

equal time, put Milsaps out in a D37 next to him

• Coueshunter

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Your kidding right? Offroad guys still end up on motocross tracks during the week practicing. He had ridden with all the faster guys during the week at any popular track to get a feel on speed.

If your a local pro who thought you could h k it in supercross without ever lining up against any current qualifying pros then you really didn't belong there as you never did your research. You could find slower guys who still make the main who do a lot of off season racing all over the SW. That should have been your starting point.

• 2uptite

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:01 AM

Your kidding right? Offroad guys still end up on motocross tracks during the week practicing. He had ridden with all the faster guys during the week at any popular track to get a feel on speed.

If your a local pro who thought you could h k it in supercross without ever lining up against any current qualifying pros then you really didn't belong there as you never did your research. You could find slower guys who still make the main who do a lot of off season racing all over the SW. That should have been your starting point.

First of, he's the one who said the speed cought him off guard, not me.

Second, you can practice until the cows come home with the fastest guys in the world and its not like a race situation.

• Coueshunter

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:35 AM

First of, he's the one who said the speed cought him off guard, not me.

Second, you can practice until the cows come home with the fastest guys in the world and its not like a race situation.

It is when your racing with them. You do know these pros race and ride all year at tracks around the country.. a lot in Socal.... or hell, go qualify for a ponca, Loretta lynns or lake whitney national... the fast guys this year will be in supercross next year...

• 2uptite

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:06 AM

It is when your racing with them. You do know these pros race and ride all year at tracks around the country.. a lot in Socal.... or hell, go qualify for a ponca, Loretta lynns or lake whitney national... the fast guys this year will be in supercross next year...

I'm not sure if you're asking about h'm or me. I raced in the 80s, not now. I rode with plenty of fast people, one was a national champ bit none of that replicated an actual race. The way you think, breath, react, its all different in a race were 25 guy are just fast and faster then you.

• FinchFan194

Posted January 09, 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm not sure if you're asking about h'm or me. I raced in the 80s, not now. I rode with plenty of fast people, one was a national champ bit none of that replicated an actual race. The way you think, breath, react, its all different in a race were 25 guy are just fast and faster then you.

I agree 100% sounds like the OP has never raced.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.