Replace Clutch Disc?

1 reply to this topic
  • Johnsey

Posted January 06, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Heres the situation. I was riding out at Superstition Mountain near Octillo Wells. I was riding in a lot of Sand hills. Almost when we get to our destination "Sand Dam" I lay by 2004 Yam yz450f down kinda softly. All of a sudden I can't can shift and it stuck in like a 1st / 2nd gear and when I go to give some Throttle I High Rev and barely move.

Later I'm stuck with no gear changing and have to get towed back to camp. When I get back I let it cool. After awhile I start it back up and its shifts into gear but it High revs and barely pulls. As in when I apply throttle in kinda starts pulling and gripping then I apply a little more and nothing.

Just High Revs and barely goes. ??? Did I just go thru a Clutch and need to Plates or need some adjustment?

Can anyone help me before I end spending too much money and get fix it cheaper? Anything to inspect?

thanks. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kaw_04_250f

Posted January 07, 2013 - 02:44 PM

You would want to check that you still have free play in your clutch lever. If you do and it is still slipping, then you need to inspect your clutch plates.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.