Need a 19" rear rim?

2 replies to this topic
  • boonsie

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:47 PM

I have a 2008 WR450 and it has the stock 18" rim. I want to go up to a 19" so i can buy my buddies ice tires. I assume the cheapest way to get a 19" is to get a new rim and spoke set and keep the original hub? I'm not looking to spend a fortune,as I'm not a hard rider. So what are my best options and are the rims bike specific?

Also I'll constantly be on the look out for a used rim, but what bikes/years are swappable if i get the hub included?

And if anyone has any other suggestions, ideas or info i'd love to hear it cause I'm a bit of a noob. Also Canadian, so if someone knows a good supplier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted January 06, 2013 - 07:42 PM

The 06-08 YZ450 rear wheels will fit the 08 WR. The 09 YZ450 rear wheel will not fit as the axel diameter is larger.

You should be able to find a used YZ rear wheel on flebay.

• boonsie

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:53 AM

OK Cool. Thanks.

So I were to buy a new rim and spokes, this would be the one to get... http://www.mooseraci...Number=02100224

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.