2013 wr450f exhaust

8 replies to this topic
  • effit7

Posted January 04, 2013 - 08:11 PM

so i picked up a new bike the other day, and after un restricting it all up and pulling the little baffles out of the exhaust i still think it sounds a little wimpy. is there any other mods i can do to the stock muffler to open it up? i have also been looking into a slip on exhaust but am not a big fan of how long all of theyre mufflers are. so my second question would be will a slip on for another bike fit? say maybe for a yz450F?

• JDLowrance

Posted January 04, 2013 - 08:16 PM

I just bought a 2012 and installed the GYT-R PC4 and PB header....looks pretty good IMHO. Sticks out a bit but not obnoxiously so. Sound is reasonable with the QC insert.

I think part of the issue is the new number plates, they are shorter than the older bikes plates.

Edited by JDLowrance, January 04, 2013 - 08:17 PM.

• effit7

Posted January 04, 2013 - 09:24 PM

do you have any pictures?

• JDLowrance

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:39 PM

Nope, Not yet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BoiseBee

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:10 PM

do you have any pictures?

Is this the picture you're looking for? I don't think the FMF exhaust sticks out too far... and I don't see what it would bother anyway? Do the pipe, it makes a big difference in performance and sound.

Posted Image

• Lumberjack450

Posted January 06, 2013 - 06:54 PM

BoiseBee: how many hours do you have on that beast? yours looks a lot cleaner and less beat up than mine. I'm going to have to invest some cash in new plastics this summer, that's the off-season in AZ.

To the OP: I remember reading posts in this forum about people successfully installing exhausts from older wr450s and 06-09 yz450s. You'd have to dig through the "2012 wr450f" topic to find them.

• BoiseBee

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:25 PM

BoiseBee: how many hours do you have on that beast? yours looks a lot cleaner and less beat up than mine. I'm going to have to invest some cash in new plastics this summer, that's the off-season in AZ.

Yeah, mine still looks like new..... sitting at 333 miles. I had it up at the cabin all summer/fall and we had a 100,000+ acre fire break out and burn 100% of the trails that I had direct access to. Over Labor Day I trailered it to a riding area on the other side of the highway from the burn and the Forest Service still had all those trails closed.

I brought her back to town for the winter and tore her apart for some aftermarket goodies to get ready for spring. Yesterday it was 4 degrees outside, so I'm probably looking at February before I get some throttle therapy.

• effit7

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Yes that picture is what I was looking for! The sticking out is more of just a visual preference than a problem, and I'm assuming its on wrs to meet green sticker requirements which led to my curiosity if anyone's had any luck putting exhaust from a yz on a wr. And also does changing the head pipe make any noticable difference in power?

• Lumberjack450

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:38 PM

The header is a factory power bomb to improve mid range because of the swap to EFI.. IMO it's not needed. The muffler is the same length as yz mufflers as far as I know, it's just the design of the body that makes it stick out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.