1 reply to this topic
  • f150jokerstyle

Posted January 04, 2013 - 04:30 PM

I was wondering what people think? I can get the mega bomb for another 100 bucks is it worth it? Or should I save the 100 bucks and go with the power bomb? Or better yet should I live with the stock one for free lol? I believe I have read here though most agree the power bomb is pretty good. I ride desert so everything to tight rocks and WFO terrain. Right now the bike is a bottom to mid monster and I love it. But I just picked up a FMF TI 4 muffler so I figured why not compliment it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well, -- i am the caretaker of several older bikes right now, and my personal philosophy for them is to not spend any more money on them than is necessary (outside of maintenance, of course) --- i'd rather tune the power a bit with gearing changes. If i don't spend the money on go-fast parts within the first year, i just leave it alone from there, so i'd probably leave it stock ---

On the flip side, i'm a little OCD too, so if i had an FMF muff-- i'd likely have to compliment it with a header pipe too--laughs . Don't forget to re-jet afterwards (although that goes without saying)

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.