Few ideas

8 replies to this topic
  • mOdD

Posted January 04, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hey guys I was just wondering about a few things on my '08450...What is a good higher than stock handlebar? I'm 6'4 so the stockers are kind of low. Also What's a good rack for carrying a chainsaw on the rear fender area? Also looking for some replacement plastics and new decals. Any help would be great and much appreciated!

• JDLowrance

Posted January 04, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Windham or KX Hi would be my choice.

• mOdD

Posted January 04, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thanks JD, I will look into those.
Also any good aftermarket seats out there that don't cost a fortune?

• Bandit9

Posted January 04, 2013 - 06:20 PM

I used the tall Trail Tech X bars. Pro Moto Billet has the chainsaw rack. I use Flu Designs for decals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mOdD

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:37 PM

I used the tall Trail Tech X bars. Pro Moto Billet has the chainsaw rack. I use Flu Designs for decals.

Thanks Bandit I will give those a try.
Also that tank from you is awesome! Love not having to worry about running out on those long rides!

• GlennR

Posted January 10, 2013 - 06:09 PM

I just put a pair of Tusk mini high bend bars on my XT225 and they really transformed the bike. It doesn't feel like a "little bike" now.

I want to raise the bars on my WR450, but I think I'll go with riser blocks since the Pro Taper bars on the WR are such nice bars, and riser blocks are also a lot cheaper & easier to install.

• DrFeelGood

Posted January 11, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I also have an 08.

I'm 6'8" and just used the stock pro taper bars and the 2" Rox risers. It made a huge difference.

Like these.

http://www.happy-tra...1-1/8-28mm.aspx

• Bandit9

Posted January 11, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Bandit I will give those a try.
Also that tank from you is awesome! Love not having to worry about running out on those long rides!

Glad you like it. Yeah with 3.6 gals, fuel is pretty much a none issue. I don't even bring my fuel can with me anymore.

• mOdD

Posted January 11, 2013 - 03:14 PM

SOB! I didn't even know they made risers for bikes. I have always put 10" plus risers on my sleds.
It's too bad I have to get new bars because the previous owner cut the throttle and bar on that side i'm guesing to put the bark buster on? The throttle is too tight for me though so I have to replace both i'm thinking...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.