Honda

2006 TRX 450ER Problems

2 replies to this topic
  • zeeohh6ex

Posted January 04, 2013 - 06:11 AM

So recently I picked up a 2006 Trx 450ER from a friend of a friend. When I picked it up it would run but not idle he told me it had been sitting for about a year. since then I replaced the plug changed the fluids and the starter clutch and cleaned out the Carb and jets are spotless along with whole top side of the motor. Next my friend and I took apart the cover and found the intake valve to be super tight, We reshimmed it and put it back together. Now the Bike will sputter on for about 1-2 seconds but will not start. Gets a clean spark and Fuel and has compression. We rechecked the timing and its spot on. at this point dont really know what else to check and I'm about to remove the head.

any advice would be appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Coueshunter

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Start at basics, timing set properly? What are valve and decompression clearances?

• MX450R

Posted January 09, 2013 - 07:30 AM

So when you bought it, it would start just not idle correct? You adjusted the valves now it wont start? Are you sure your in time. Not calling you out just very easy to get them out. I always take the plug out and drop a screw driver down the hole to ensure i am at TDC when my mark says i am. Then be sure your cam lobes are at about 2 oclock roughly. Gettin them 180 out seems to be acommon mistake. And the decompressor arm should be set at valve lash +.006 (should be around .017) not .025 like the CRF.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Honda

honda 200 big big bore by teamrude

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Honda

Honda foreman trx500 aftermarket exhaust systems? by total trials 23

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Utility ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Honda

1985 Honda 250r atc by Casper48

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Honda

300EX Top End Problems by Devil Tiger

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Freakin 4 Wheelers by Harvo

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.