2002 YZ 426 about to purchase

31 replies to this topic
  • Deepseadan

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:23 PM

That's correct. The kit removes the return pump and routes oil from the sump screen directly to the feed pump. To restore it, you need the complete original return pump and separator plate, both oil lines, and all necessary fittings.

I checked the factory service manual and called a couple Yamaha dealer part departments and neither them nor can find any info on the return pump or related parts. You guys wouldn't happen to know of any part numbers to the return pump or separater plate would you?

• etuke

Posted January 08, 2013 - 06:54 AM

http://www.thumperta...on#entry4840996

for a 450 but should be same principle as the 426.

• 03YZ85

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:35 AM

Dan I wish this would have come up sooner. I left the pump attached to the cases when I sold them to another member on here a couple weeks back. I don't think he even cared about them, just wanted the cases. I could have thrown them in with the lines I sent you.

I can see if he would be willing to sell if you want? Or maybe you are thinking new

Rob

Edited by 03YZ85, January 08, 2013 - 07:40 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2013 - 07:37 AM

That post is a good reference. The separator plate is a part of the oil pump assembly (1), and not sold separately. If you don't have it, you'll need a new pump. The return pump is the rotor set (2).

• Deepseadan

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Dan I wish this would have come up sooner. I left the pump attached to the cases when I sold them to another member on here a couple weeks back. I don't think he even cared about them, just wanted the cases. I could have thrown them in with the lines I sent you.

I can see if he would be willing to sell if you want? Or maybe you are thinking new

Rob

Yeah, actually I'm trying to find which gears make up the pump. If you have a way to get them back I would be glad to purchase them. Or if anyone knows what i could tell the parts department at my local Yamaha dealer. Like maybe part numbers. No one else seems to know.

Edited by Deepseadan, January 08, 2013 - 12:15 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2013 - 12:22 PM

Did you look at the post he linked to? Covers everything you asked for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Deepseadan

Posted January 08, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Did you look at the post he linked to? Covers everything you asked for.

Sorry and oops, somehow I skipped right over it. Thanks you guys.

• Deepseadan

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hey you guys, do you think either of these ebay ads would include the parts I need to get the return pump up and going again on the 426? Thanks

http://item.mobilewe...nid=19616618913

http://item.mobilewe...nid=06138795210

• 03YZ85

Posted January 10, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dan, send a pm to http://www.thumperta...r/2955-moto2000. He should be able to help you out

Rob

Edited by 03YZ85, January 10, 2013 - 07:01 PM.

• Deepseadan

Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:34 PM

Grayracer you were dead on with all you're advice. I finally got to the oil pump and it was exactly as you explained. Thanks for the good advice. Now I just have to get the parts and put it back to stock. I have a complete pump on the way.

• Deepseadan

Posted January 16, 2013 - 10:43 PM

Alright well I got the bike converted back to using the frame for its oil resiovior and it was quite a bit more involved and expensive than I thought it would be. Thanks for all advice and parts everyone. I feel much better now that there's an additional quart of oil in there. I rode the bike down the street and its way different than my xr400. Way more responsive and the suspension feels way better ( of course it's been re-done to my weight). This bike really suprised me with how fast it is. Just wondering, has anyone owned a crf450 or yz450 and a 426? How do they compair in engine power and performance?

• High_Boost

Posted January 17, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Just wondering, has anyone owned a crf450 or yz450 and a 426? How do they compair in engine power and performance?

most people say the 450 is night and day differeance over a 400 or 426, but I have both and disagree
I own a 98 yz400f and an 08 yz450f and they are about the same to me

the chasis/weight differance is immediately obvious, the newer bike is much better, but for sheer straightline power they seem virtually identical. I actually think the 400 is better when chugging at low rpm, but I got an 06 cdi for my 08 which will hopefully fix that

that being said, I am no pro level rider, and I certainly don't utilize the bikes to their max.. they are both overpowered for me :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.