Winter tuning

5 replies to this topic
  • yukondood

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have an 08 wr 450 with Timbesled with mt horse track kit. Work sweet most of the time. Biggest problem is mid to full throttle bog/hesitiation. Happens inconsistnently and only when under a load, rarely happens on the trial but happens when climbing a hill or in deep snow. Any suggestions on jetting at 3000-5000 feet -5 to - 15 celsius??

• allterra

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am jealous. I think a conversion would be great. As it is I am running through a foot and a half of snow on studded tires. Not sure if I will be able to dig much more.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:10 AM

What are you currently running for a main jet? I'd increase it a little in size from what you've got in there now, and see if that helps. Main jets are easy to change on these bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 02, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hesitation is the Accclerator pump. 50 leak jet and an upgraded (merge racing) linkage spring.
Then adjust the squirt for perfect timing to always miss the slide.

• MANIAC998

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hesitation is the Accclerator pump. 50 leak jet and an upgraded (merge racing) linkage spring.
Then adjust the squirt for perfect timing to always miss the slide.

Possibly, but I'd try an easy to change main jet first.

• revyrider

Posted January 04, 2013 - 07:30 AM

I am looking at a timbersled kit for my '07 wr450.Most guys around here use an MX bike for snow conversions-I was wondering if you have had any issues with the wider ratio trans & any other comments on your converted wr.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.