Road sprocket

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted November 18, 2003 - 06:27 PM

Looking for the right number of teeth for long rides at about 55-60 mph. I ride my bike to work as often as I can and I fill rpm are too high for too long. WR450. :)

• captain_S

Posted November 19, 2003 - 03:01 PM

One tooth off the rear will drop the rev`s a little and still keep it responsive off road,one tooth on the front will drop the rev`s alot and will make it harder for the motor to pick up rev`s quick!,front is handy for changing gearing from road to dirt,but maybe two off the rear would be a good compromise for you?

• Ronnie Mac

Posted November 19, 2003 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Captain, two off the rear sounds good to me. Scotland thats cool! I hope someday to visit. Thanks again for your reply :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted November 19, 2003 - 07:30 PM

My gearage for the road is 16-43. It is too much though. Try 16-44 or 45 if you have a 16t on the front.

My next setup will be 15-43. That would allow me gear 15-50 for the trail...

The engine purrs at 60 mph with such gearings... :)

• Ronnie Mac

Posted November 20, 2003 - 08:46 PM

Thanks Math. Any brand recommendation?

• Math

Posted November 21, 2003 - 05:22 PM

Not really, I don't even remember the brand name I bought the last time. I know there are great durable sprockets out there but my budget did not allow me to afford those this year... :D :D (talking about Renthal and others...) Just don't buy the ones with aluminium teeth. Weight saving but not tough enough to my opinion :).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.