WR426 with Yz cam mod and grey wire mods

7 replies to this topic
  • Chaddlez

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hi guys,

I have a WR426 01 Just wondering if i change to YZ cam timing and grey wire mod will the bike overheat like the YZF's do i brought the WR to climb rocky hills nice and steady without overheating, but of course i wouldnt mind a bit more get up and go so i thought i would ask your opinions
Thanks,
Chad

Edited by Chaddlez, December 27, 2012 - 03:48 AM.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't aware that the YZF's overheat. At least as long as you can keep some air flowing thru the radiators that is. So bringing your WR up to YZF standards shouldn't increase your boil-over issues any, as long as you do the same and keep some air flowing thru those larger than YZ radiators.

• Chaddlez

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:02 PM

thats what i meant with the WR's you can climb hills nice and slowly with no overheating so im thinking the yzf timing she would overheat a little easier,

Are the Wr radiators bigger than the YZF's i wasnt aware of that

Thanks,
Chad

• MANIAC998

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yes, the WR radiators are larger than the YZF's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaddlez

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Ok thanks maniacs would you recommend the yz Cam timing for enduro

• MANIAC998

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hmmmm.........................................that's an interesting question. I'm sure your terrain is missing the same ingrediant as our terrain here in Montana, traction. And with limited traction with terrafirma, I wouldn't use the YZ timing, but that's me. Smooth power is easier power to keep the rear wheel hooked up and moving forward. But what I would do if I was you, would be to try it. Heck, you might be alot better rider than me and can adapt with a skilled throttle hand, whereas I'm just a heavy handed brute, no finesse for me! :(

• Chaddlez

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:17 AM

used to ride a 2 stroke so this promises to be fun,

Thanks for your input Maniac

• Chaddlez

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:24 AM

I now understand what you were talkin about MANIAC the rear tire would not grip at all but was heaps of fun I didnt do the grey wire mod yet but this thing hauls ass rolling in 3rd give it a crack and shes up on the rear, awesome 36 degree day today I was rooted 20 mins into the ride then even more rooted when I had to restart the beast but that just technique ive got to work on all in all yz timing thumbs up

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.