ASV Lever help

4 replies to this topic
  • NatBrown

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:11 PM

I purchased a set of ASV levers for my '07 YZ450. After some screwing around getting the clutch purch with the hot start lever from the seller I finally got it all installed. Anyway, my question is that the clutch doesn't seem to be full disengaging when you pull the lever. I've adjusted the cable so there is still some free play in it. It seems like it is not moving the clutch arm at the engine as far as the stock lever was.

So, does anyone have any experience with this? I was trying to see if the lever they sent is correct for this year bike. Only problem, ASV is closed till Jan 9th. If anyone has a ASV F3 lever on their '07 could you tell me what he part number is on the underside of the lever maybe?

• grayracer513

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:58 PM

The correct part is listed as CMF36 for the F3 lever itself, CMF35 for the "Pro Perch" assembly.

ASV's have a reach adjuster that may be in need of running out some for more clutch pull.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NatBrown

Posted December 24, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. The levers came from ATV Galexy and they where not packaged. I think the pro perches is the same for all the levers. The lever itself has a number C6G on it. That's the number I was hoping to confirm.

I've got the reach adjusted so my first joint lays right on the lever. I can maybe go a bit further out tomorrow and see if it helps any.

• NatBrown

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Well, I adjusted the reach out until I got the clutch not to drag. I rode it yesterday and it worked fine. Still pretty crappy enginering when you have to use the reach adjustement to make the pull of the cable correct.

• grayracer513

Posted December 28, 2012 - 06:08 PM

If I remember correctly, Honda and Yamaha use different lever ratios, but the same ASV lever is used on both by means of interchanging a bushing that comes with the set. Check the paperwork you got (if any) to be sure you're using the right one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.