Right Arm Is Dead From Stock Handlebar

5 replies to this topic
  • physdon

Posted April 23, 2001 - 06:34 PM

After 20 min on my new WR426, I can't believe how torn up my right wrist and arm feel. A friend gave me a pair of Answer/ProTapers and I have a clamp kit on order. My old XR600 had forward/taller risers and I never got this kind of arm pump. Any ideas on what worked best for any of you. I'm 6'2",190#. Thanks.

------------------

• RAZOR

Posted April 23, 2001 - 09:11 PM

physdon,
I am also 6'2", 185lbs.; changing to protaper bars(doug henry bend), and adding all the scotts goodies, ie. stabilizer, top triple clamp, applied racing(+5mm forward and +15 riser) bar clamps made a world of difference.
It seems, the wr426 was designed, ergonomically, for the vertically challenged. So, for all of us who are of normal stature, we must modify our sleds to fit us.
I hope this helps.
RAZOR

• Taffy

Posted April 25, 2001 - 03:13 PM

try a set of good thick rubber grips. i've suddenly forgotten what mine are called.

these & the protapers made all the difference.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Carl_Youngstrom

Posted April 25, 2001 - 03:21 PM

Hmmm, never knew a bean pole was considered
"normal stature".
Verticlly Chanllanged at 5'11', 205#.
Carl

• ButtonFly

Posted April 25, 2001 - 04:00 PM

Ourry makes some WONDERFULL oversize grips. Having big hands it was hard to hold onto regular size grips. The Ourrys are bigger around, and SOOOOOOFT. Good stuff.

• physdon

Posted April 25, 2001 - 08:09 PM

I finally got smart and did a search on handlebars. As I'd imagined you guys (any girls?) have talked about this many times before. I will review all the posts. Thanks again for good info.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.