Just bought a 2012!

15 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted December 22, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Merry X'mas to me!

Just picked up a new WR450F and all the prerequisite go-fast goodies. $7300 OTD here in sunny So-Cal. Dealership in San Juan Capistrano has 4-5 more sitting on the floor at same price. Got my local dealer to match price + 15% off the GYT-R accessories...pretty good deal me thinks.

Can't wait to get it all together and get it out for a blast.

Got a really well set-up 09 for sale if anyone is interested.

http://losangeles.cr...3485742871.html

• Bandit9

Posted December 22, 2012 - 03:00 PM

Sweet pick up.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 22, 2012 - 03:49 PM

I am curious as to how you will like the engine with the new EFI. I would like a nice comparison between the '09 and your new one when you get a chance. Thanks!!

• JDLowrance

Posted December 22, 2012 - 04:41 PM

I am curious as to how you will like the engine with the new EFI. I would like a nice comparison between the '09 and your new one when you get a chance. Thanks!!

Will do.

Rad guards and tank will not be in until the end of next week and still trying to figure out if my 08 YZ450F Scott's damper post will work on the new frame so will be a couple weeks before I get a chance to get it out.

• MANIAC998

Posted December 22, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thank you Sir!! Congrats on the new scoot!!!

• fireracer

Posted December 22, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I have been looking hard at this bike also now for a while. Can't afford more than 1 bike right now and this new Yamaha would fit the bill as a do all only bike (Baja, single track, etc).

Curious what goodies you are putting on the bike and any engine mods you might be doing. I guess the obvious is the GYTR ECU/FMF exhaust to get it to run better.

I also saw a clip on YouTube from Dave Simon of Best Dual Sport Bikes.com about some mods he has come up with, including a different intake cam that he claims makes all the difference on this bike. Wondering if you had that info and can't wait for some real world riding reports from you. Enjoy your new ride!!!

• fireracer

Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:01 PM

Oh and any info on a larger than 3.0 tank from IMS or Acerbis? I know Safari has a 4.0 but it is kinda pricey.

I'm here in San Diego County and one of the local shops has em for 6,199 plus applicable fees so 7,300 sounds about right for OTD after taxes, etc

• JDLowrance

Posted December 22, 2012 - 06:47 PM

GYT-R PC4 silencer and Powerbomb header, Comp ECU, got the Power Tuner to have a play, springs, damper and the usual protection stuff (rad guards, hand guards, etc.). Will start there and see how she goes. Will look into Injectioneering mod and cam if I feel the need for more power (which I usually do).

Got a quote from Yamaha shop in San Jaun Capistrano for $7300 OTD and my local dealer here in the South Bay matched it to save me the drive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:00 PM

I also saw a clip on YouTube from Dave Simon of Best Dual Sport Bikes.com about some mods he has come up with, including a different intake cam that he claims makes all the difference on this bike. Wondering if you had that info and can't wait for some real world riding reports from you. Enjoy your new ride!!!

If you could post up a link to that clip I would appreciate it. Tried looking for it but unsucessful. Thanks.

• C R Fever

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Congrats on the great Christmas present. Got pics??

• E4x4Eric

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Nice :ride:

• BoiseBee

Posted December 23, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Congrats! Once you dial this bike in and add the goodies, it is a true do-it-all bike!

• Navaho6

Posted December 25, 2012 - 05:53 AM

Was that price before taxes? They are advertised for $8,200 locally.

• JDLowrance

Posted December 25, 2012 - 07:37 AM

Was that price before taxes? They are advertised for $8,200 locally.

That was what I paid OTD for a 2012.

Your local guys may not have any 2012s left. The price you mentioned is the MSRP (before tax, destination and set-up fees) for a 2013. That would put you in the $9500 OTD ball park range here in So Cal.

• cwallershasta

Posted December 26, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Congrats on the new WR, I love mine. Nice to see someone else has decided not to drink the orange kool aid.

• JDLowrance

Posted December 26, 2012 - 01:38 PM

Congrats on the new WR, I love mine. Nice to see someone else has decided not to drink the orange kool aid.

I've had a couple of KTM off-roaders (currently own a Superduke for street/track duty). They work but you're always left wondering if it's going to get you back home. Never any worries with my Yamahas. Glad they retained the 5 valve cyliner head....dead nuts reliable. Can't wait to get out for a ride....come on parts!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.